Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes, I believe many detectors in the 10 to 15 kilohertz range can make very good general-purpose detectors.

May 10, 2017 12:33PM avatar
Note that I said many because not all detectors are going to work well just because they're in a certain operating frequency range. George Payne wrote an article about his frequency selection back when he was designing his treasure Baron series which operated 12.5 kilohertz. That's right in the middle of the 10 to 15 kilohertz range that I find be ideal. All my Tesoro's work between 10 and 15 kilohertz. My Macro Racer works at 14 kilohertz. My Nokta FORS CoRe models work at 15 kilohertz.

My former used MXT Pro and MX-5 work that 14 kilohertz roughly. There have been others that are good detectors in this frequency range for coin hunting and jewelry hunting.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
~ Trading Post ~

A place to share fond memories of old alkali desert favorite sites in Utah, Nevada, and Eastern Oregon and other detecting travels. To rendezvous with fellow detectorists and trade experiences from our metal detecting adventures, opinions on a variety of old and new detectors, share detecting techniques, and discuss potential hunt sites.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Makro: Racer 2 w/'OOR'
Nokta: 2-Impact's w/5" DD and w/5X9½ DD, 2-Relic's w/5" DD and w/5½X10 Concentric, 2-CoRe's w/'OOR' and w/7X11 DD
Tesoro: Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX each w/6" Concentric and Mojave w/7" Concentric

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bag.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com
monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Optimum Frequency for Coins and Jewelry

berryman 175 May 10, 2017 04:13AM

White's has been using the 6.59 kHz detectors for decades until recentlywinking smiley

Hombre 130 May 10, 2017 02:17PM

Re: White's has been using the 6.59 kHz detectors for decades until recentlywinking smiley

Pablo61 106 May 11, 2017 03:22AM

Yes, I believe many detectors in the 10 to 15 kilohertz range can make very good general-purpose detectors.

Monte 125 May 10, 2017 12:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016