Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coils

May 10, 2017 12:00PM avatar
First off welcome to the AHRPS forums.

It's too bad that Monte ( the person that runs this site) will be away from his computer for awhile. I do know that the Omega 8000 v.4 was a favorite machine. He did like version 4 best over the v.5 & v.6 for a specific reason that I can't recall why. He could give you a more detailed and precise answer to your questions which in time he will when he gets a chance to get on a computer.

So I will take a shot. Also, I have never owned the Omega so I can't help much with settings etc. But as far as your coil question, you already have a large coil the Nel Hunter Coil at 12.5" x 8.5 " so you are covered in the large coil dept. Me personally I would choose the 8" and 5" coils over the 10" coil.

The 10" coil isn't going to gain you much over the 8" coil and for the same price you get that great little 5" coil. With all three coils, you have a nice well-rounded selection of coils for different types of hunting environments. You like to hunt yards and the 8" concentric would be my choice. It should pinpoint more accurately over the larger DD coil you have. Therefore letting you cut the smallest plug possible and or just retrieving the target with a probe and not scar up the yard.

Also if you are just learning the Omega ( or any detector) the 8" Concentric will make it much easier and more enjoyable during the learning process over a large DD coil.

I would use the large NEL coil for those wide open grassy areas in the parks and schools.

The 8" concentric would be my general use everyday coil that I would probably use the most.

The 5" coil is a great coil for hunting in and around playground equip. where a lot of coins and other good targets are lost. And the 5" coil is great for sites that are trashy ( full of iron, nails etc, the old sites I like to hunt)

Anyhow, if it were me and given the choice or either choosing one 10" coil or choosing two coils ( 8" and 5") for the same price. I would easily pick the 8" & 5" coils over the 10" coil.

When I talk to Monte, I will mention he has an Omega question to answer lol, hopefully, he can jump on a computer while visiting his youngest son in a day or two.

Also, you picked a great site to come to. Lots of great people here that can help you and hopefully others will chime in about the Omega and coil selections.

gregg

Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer & Racer 2
M6 & XL Pro
Subject Author Views Posted

New kid needs some omega coil advice

Candy Rock Kid 153 May 10, 2017 07:14AM

Omega coil advice

Rich (Utah) 102 May 13, 2017 12:50AM

First Welcome to our ahrps forums. Second comma welcome to the Omega 8000

Monte 553 May 10, 2017 12:46PM

Re: First Welcome to our ahrps forums. Second comma welcome to the Omega 8000

Candy Rock Kid 528 May 12, 2017 09:20AM

NWCindy 474 May 13, 2017 03:19AM

Candy Rock Kid 89 May 13, 2017 04:29AM

CRK, a nice story and video. thumbs up

Monte 112 May 12, 2017 11:07AM

Coils

OregonGregg 107 May 10, 2017 12:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016