Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CRK, a nice story and video. thumbs up

May 12, 2017 11:07AM avatar
Once I determined the settings for my XLT custom programs and saved them, there was very little 'tinkering' with the XLT. I had a lot of them and enjoyed them for large urban sports fields and grassy parks. Once the programs were saved, it was turn-it-on and hunt and I very seldom messed with the adjustments unless there was EMI.

Of all the detectors you listed I have owned most of them, all but one, and a few of them were models I really liked then, and do so today as well. The Tesoro Bandido II microMAX and Vaquero are mainstays in my Regular-Use arsenal, and the Omega 8000 V4 is another model that I liked for urban Coin Hunting.

I enjoyed the 'tour' through the gold jewelry recoveries you've made. I have found plenty of various gold jewelry items over 5+ decades of detecting, but the majority of them came my way when I was working a Tesoro model. I've had quite a few multi-specimen gold jewelry days with a Bandido series model. Since mid-'83 I have always had at least one Tesoro in my arsenal, and today I have five if them. There are quite a few very good TID equipped detectors on the market, but I still feel everyone ought to own and use at least one Tesoro model.

A bit biased I guess,

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
~ Trading Post ~

A place to share fond memories of old alkali desert favorite sites in Utah, Nevada, and Eastern Oregon and other detecting travels. To rendezvous with fellow detectorists and trade experiences from our metal detecting adventures, opinions on a variety of old and new detectors, share detecting techniques, and discuss potential hunt sites.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Makro: Racer 2 w/'OOR'
Nokta: 2-Impact's w/5" DD and w/5X9½ DD, 2-Relic's w/5" DD and w/5½X10 Concentric, 2-CoRe's w/'OOR' and w/7X11 DD
Tesoro: Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX each w/6" Concentric and Mojave w/7" Concentric

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bag.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com
monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

New kid needs some omega coil advice

Candy Rock Kid 159 May 10, 2017 07:14AM

Omega coil advice

Rich (Utah) 106 May 13, 2017 12:50AM

First Welcome to our ahrps forums. Second comma welcome to the Omega 8000

Monte 593 May 10, 2017 12:46PM

Re: First Welcome to our ahrps forums. Second comma welcome to the Omega 8000

Candy Rock Kid 565 May 12, 2017 09:20AM

NWCindy 514 May 13, 2017 03:19AM

Candy Rock Kid 94 May 13, 2017 04:29AM

CRK, a nice story and video. thumbs up

Monte 117 May 12, 2017 11:07AM

Coils

OregonGregg 112 May 10, 2017 12:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016