Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hazards of Detecting, but can't wait to get back to digging...sad smiley

July 24, 2017 09:20PM
I was subjected to one of the major hazards of detecting....

I was up at one of my favorite spots two months ago and found a few rim fire casings, suspender parts, and a few buttons. Ground was drying fast and getting hard, but not too bad as the ground was still damp under the crust of soil. I planned to return the following week, but found myself not feeling well. I soon began to cough, and my lungs filled with mucus. I got worse and worse and thinking I had pneumonia went to the doctor. Well turns out I caught a case of valley fever! That was two month ago and I am finally about over it with most my energy back and an occasional cough. I spent most that time in bed or on the couch. I know of four other cases this year, one being my neighbors daughter. Luckily our strain up here is not as bad as Central California, I know people who have died from that strain; but it sure knocked me out for a few months.

In theory I should be immune to the valley fever now, but am now sitting at home recovering from right hand surgery as I have dupuytren's contracture in both hands. It was getting worse and affecting work and play so I had to get it done. I go back under the knife for my left hand next week. It will be another month and a half before I can get back to anything outdoors! I do not do well sitting at home sad smiley

As a bright side our temps have been steadily triple digits this summer, so I guess it is a good time to be off. I am living vicariously through you all right now and can not wait to get back to digging, fishing and hunting. So keep the finds rolling and stories rolling in!
Subject Author Views Posted

Fish N Chips 270 July 24, 2017 09:20PM

Rich (Utah) 82 September 20, 2017 08:42PM

Re: Hazards of Detecting, but can't wait to get back to digging...sad smiley

Fish N Chips 131 July 29, 2017 09:05PM

NWCindy 139 July 26, 2017 04:15PM

Rdunzl 143 July 26, 2017 10:03AM

Sodbuster 158 July 25, 2017 08:20PM

Remfire 167 July 24, 2017 10:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016