Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Silver Sabre makes a great save and has a new home -

October 10, 2017 10:25PM
(I copied this over from the buy/sell/trade forum where it would be easier to find)

One of the signs of my metal detecting addiction is that I have the habit of talking about my detecting outings to my co-workers. I've been fortunate to find a few bucket list items along the way and when the subject of coin collecting or lost jewelry come up, I like to join the conversation.

Last year, one of my co-workers lost his gold wedding band and after sorting thru a garbage can of yuck, concluded it must have been somewhere out in the yard. He gave up hope of finding it and bought a tungsten ring as a replacement. Late last week, after listening to me yap about an outing a few weeks ago, he FINALLY revealed he'd lost his gold wedding band and asked if he could borrow a metal detector and have a look for it.

I'm in the process of moving and have most of my detectors packed carefully for the move except for an old Tesoro Silver Sabre. (yes the original) It is just the ticket for him; easy to use for a beginner and WILL find the gold band if the coil goes over it. I showed him how to set it up and printed off a copy of the 30 year old owner's manual.

He texted me Saturday and said he found his ring. Took him 15 minutes. He sent me a HUGE photo of it that I'll try to resize so it will fit. And he doesn't want to give the detector back. We arranged a little trade and hopefully I have a new detecting partner for some future outings.

Rich (Utah).

A little additional note here, when I asked Steve how deep it was in the grass, he said he found it down past the grass about 3" into the dirt. Used a shovel for the recovery. See photo.

Pretty good movement there for 1 year.

* minelab etrac * makro racer 2 * . . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 10:27PM by Rich (Utah).
Attachments:
open | download - Wedding band find.jpg (606.5 KB)
Subject Author Views Posted

Silver Sabre makes a great save and has a new home - Attachments

Rich (Utah) 67 October 10, 2017 10:25PM

Re: Silver Sabre makes a great save and has a new home -

NWCindy 26 October 12, 2017 03:41AM

Tesoro's 'original' Silver Saber WAS and

Monte 36 October 11, 2017 11:08AM

OregonGregg 36 October 11, 2017 02:51AM

WM6 39 October 10, 2017 11:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016