Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes, Rich, it was kind of a 'teaser' post.

July 01, 2018 08:56AM avatar
I had a couple of phone calls and e-mails from some guys who thought I had 'jumped ship' and went to a newer Garrett model over my very loyal and great performance Makro, Nokta, White's and Tesoro units. I do have a dealer friend who let me check out the latest AT Max, but for me and my likes and dislikes in product design and performance, balance and feel, it kind of left me in the same mood as the AT Pro and AT Gold. Unexcited.

So this new, to me, but older detector acquisition has a place in my wants and needs category for a few uses other than seminar and presentation use ... and at times I like to look at some of my oldies and just float away on my memory boat, going back in time to when my young, mobile and active self had a lot of fun using and learning new detectors and finding what today was an unimaginable amount of good targets.

The estimated delivery is next Saturday, the 7th, and I am setting aside a couple of days the following week to take the Garrett Money Hunter and my Compass Coin Hustler out and do some fun comparison detecting. I do hope it is in good, workable condition. The appearance was OK, now if it will only work.

I am still watching and hoping to find the old White's and Garrett models I mentioned, but hope is running out for them to be in clean and decent appearance and still work properly.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Well, I went and did it. Added one more detector to my arsenal.eye rolling smiley

Monte 280 June 30, 2018 10:21AM

Well, I went and did it. Added one more detector to my arsenal.eye rolling smiley

Rich (Utah) 216 June 30, 2018 05:07PM

Re: Well, I went and did it. Added one more detector to my arsenal.eye rolling smiley

Kickindirt 158 July 01, 2018 11:06PM

Re: Well, I went and did it. Added one more detector to my arsenal.eye rolling smiley

Sodbuster 164 July 05, 2018 10:32AM

D&P-OR 149 July 05, 2018 07:46PM

Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth . . . .

Rich (Utah) 112 July 11, 2018 05:16PM

Detectors and such -

Rich (Utah) 189 July 02, 2018 12:05PM

To tell the truth, there are a few reasons why they aren't.

Monte 191 July 02, 2018 12:27AM

Re: To tell the truth, there are a few reasons why they aren't.

Kickindirt 189 July 02, 2018 09:29PM

? .. Trade the G2+ and get a T2 Classic or the new T2 + ???

Monte 146 July 02, 2018 10:20PM

Re: ? .. Trade the G2+ and get a T2 Classic or the new T2 + ???

Kickindirt 182 July 03, 2018 03:14PM

Yes, Rich, it was kind of a 'teaser' post.

Monte 188 July 01, 2018 08:56AM

What ? A Garrett AT Max ?

Rich (Utah) 179 July 02, 2018 03:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

WM6
Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018