Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Detectors and such -

July 02, 2018 12:05PM
I consider being able to have a 'few' detectors a bonus at the moment. For many years (decades) I was a 1 detector guy and had a detector that, in my opinion, performed best hunting the yards around old homes. I had a hunting partner and this is what we enjoyed doing. Lots of great road trips going to big and little places alike, knocking on doors, visiting with older people, talking about the old days. We had some wonderful experiences and made some great finds.

The last few years, I've tried to 'open up' to other venues and have necessarily added detector(s) more appropriate to the type of locations Monte, Gregg and yourself frequent. Plus, I've wanted to do some shallow water hunting so I've needed an appropriate detector for that. I added a Racer 2 last year and more recently a Fors CoRe and Equinox 800. I did have a very hard look at the Deus and have watched some of the forums in the UK and have seen the success Deus users are having there. I have no doubt the Deus is one of those all-around detectors (with some water hunting limitations). Accessory coils are prices out of my league though $$, so I decided on another route. I believe the Equinox 800 will prove to be one of these all purpose detectors as well, and without any water limitations. Still, Minelab has been slow in bringing out the accessory coils and while I am impressed with the performance of the 11" in sorting through trashy areas, I think the 6" coil will be the correct coil to select in these areas when and if it ever shows up.

My current core of detectors at the moment are my Etrac, 800, Racer 2 and CoRe and I think that between them I have the bases that I visit pretty well covered in a way I can afford. On occasion I do get some spousal pressure to keep things reasonable in the amount of $$ and time I 'invest' in detecting. If it ever comes down to having just 1 or perhaps 2 detectors, I'll deal with it. but for the moment I don't have to. grinning smiley I cross that bridge if I come to it.

Rich -

Tesoro Golden Sabre
Tesoro Bandido
White's MXT All Pro
Minelab Etrac
Nokta Fors CoRe
Macro Racer 2
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Subject Author Views Posted

Well, I went and did it. Added one more detector to my arsenal.eye rolling smiley

Monte 280 June 30, 2018 10:21AM

Well, I went and did it. Added one more detector to my arsenal.eye rolling smiley

Rich (Utah) 212 June 30, 2018 05:07PM

Re: Well, I went and did it. Added one more detector to my arsenal.eye rolling smiley

Kickindirt 157 July 01, 2018 11:06PM

Re: Well, I went and did it. Added one more detector to my arsenal.eye rolling smiley

Sodbuster 161 July 05, 2018 10:32AM

D&P-OR 148 July 05, 2018 07:46PM

Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth . . . .

Rich (Utah) 111 July 11, 2018 05:16PM

Detectors and such -

Rich (Utah) 188 July 02, 2018 12:05PM

To tell the truth, there are a few reasons why they aren't.

Monte 191 July 02, 2018 12:27AM

Re: To tell the truth, there are a few reasons why they aren't.

Kickindirt 185 July 02, 2018 09:29PM

? .. Trade the G2+ and get a T2 Classic or the new T2 + ???

Monte 145 July 02, 2018 10:20PM

Re: ? .. Trade the G2+ and get a T2 Classic or the new T2 + ???

Kickindirt 181 July 03, 2018 03:14PM

Yes, Rich, it was kind of a 'teaser' post.

Monte 186 July 01, 2018 08:56AM

What ? A Garrett AT Max ?

Rich (Utah) 178 July 02, 2018 03:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018