Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What ? You mean there's work involved ? thinking

July 30, 2018 02:59PM
Monte
One reason, and we have seen this through the years with other major marketing efforts, is that a particular model might be 'over-promoted' or sort of glorified in a mass-marketing effort by a manufacturer or dealers, or sometimes, in this modern era of instant-info internet, simply by a select group of 'brand loyalists' who we sometimes note make wondrous claims of performance and abilities of a new ... and yet untested afield ... new model.

Are the Equinox models bad detectors? No, not necessarily, but they also aren't the best at everything. As I frequently remind anyone, there is no such thing as a 'perfect' detector. Yes, many really terrific models have been around and are available for us today that will achieve a lot of in-the-field performance, but none are a 'do-it-all' for every applications we might challenge them with.

Since '71/'72 I have tried to maintain a personal detector battery of two to five detectors that complement each other. Sometimes I have more. Each can handle many tasks, but each has a particular strength over some others. Through the years I have seen many people limit themselves to only one detector, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as they are also limiting themselves to only certain metal detecting application and pick a model that will fit their wants and needs.

At times folks might spend more than their budget allowed and need to sell a detector and go with something less expensive. Most are good at fibbing a wee bit and say the wife told them they overspent. Some might blame it on a water heater that went out that they need money to replace, a child that is very ill and medical bills are mounting, they are way behind on their mortgage, or the have to get the house painted because their mother-in-law is coming to visit.

Then there are the few who admittedly say .....

"I was duped!"eye popping smiley

Yes, I am also seeing a lot of Equinoxes up for sale or trade as well. winking smiley

Monte

I'll blame my early morning sense of humor on the excessive summer heat.

Monte,

Are you saying I actually MIGHT HAVE TO WORK AT MAKING SOME GOOD FINDS ? I can't just swing a new detector over the dirt and fantastic finds surface with no effort ?

That's it. I'm selling my detectors. . . . . . . eye popping smiley I wish somebody had told me that way back when and I could have saved myself a lot of money buying detectors with nothing to show for it. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Rich (Utah)

** UNDER CONSTRUCTION **
Subject Author Views Posted

Lots of used equinoxes out there.

Candy Rock Kid 177 July 28, 2018 02:27PM

Re: Lots of used equinoxes out there.

Kickindirt 117 August 01, 2018 03:27PM

Yes, we do see a lot more Equinox models offered up for sale or trade.

Monte 116 July 29, 2018 06:52AM

What ? You mean there's work involved ? thinking

Rich (Utah) 170 July 30, 2018 02:59PM

Funny, but as the years progress it does seem to be required.

Monte 121 July 30, 2018 09:09PM

Benefits of My New Stuff . . . .

Rich (Utah) 111 July 31, 2018 01:27PM

No arguments with that, Rich. thumbs up

Monte 110 July 31, 2018 03:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018