Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A little exploring, a little silver - - - -

August 07, 2018 07:55PM
They say to make Hay while the sun shines. I had a couple hours Monday to do some exploring around with my detectors. It isn't often I come across an unhunted spot with deep clad, but that's what I had, clad coins in the 4-8" range, with lots of quarters. I spent the 1st hour with my CoRe I picked up earlier this year. Set up was the stock 11" coil hunting in 3 tone mode, sensitivity at 90, my discrimination at 40. Ground balance was coming in right around 50. I balanced frequently. The ground was VERY saturated which was welcomed considering the heat we've been having the last several weeks.

After an hour, I finished with a good handful of clad coins dating back to the 70's and was pleased with how well the CoRe pinpoints with the larger coil and is able to separate multiple targets.

For the second hour, I swapped out the CoRe for my 800 with the 11" coil, Park 2, Multi-tones, Sensitivity 21, and continued cleaning up the deep clad. Some of you will dismiss this deep clad as not all that interesting. You're right of course. However, for me, finding volumes of deeper targets is great practice with a pair of newer detectors I am still learning. Lots of deep targets. Lots of multiple targets.

I ended up with another handful of deep clad as well as some trash. As I was walking towards the truck to head home, I swept across another dime signal that rang up in the 26-27 range. The dirt was a little more firm here and I was surprised to see some silver shining up at me from the bottom of the hole. The 47-D Rosey dime is 30 years older than most everything else I found, but I am not one to complain about a little bit of luck. I'll take it.

It was good to get out and swing a fine pair of detectors and get in some good practice and try to bolster some very low coin volumes for the year. The dry conditions have made some areas difficult to hunt.

I hope as the weather tempers all of you can get out and do some exploring.

Rich -

** UNDER CONSTRUCTION **

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 08:34PM by Rich (Utah).
Attachments:
open | download - FDR 47-D.JPG (444.3 KB)
Subject Author Views Posted

A little exploring, a little silver - - - - Attachments

Rich (Utah) 134 August 07, 2018 07:55PM

Silver is silver in my bookthumbs up

Hombre 80 August 08, 2018 11:32AM

Silver is silver in my bookthumbs up

Rich (Utah) 67 August 08, 2018 01:36PM

Congrats ... You accomplished a lot.

Monte 80 August 08, 2018 12:05AM

A good outing . . .

Rich (Utah) 82 August 08, 2018 01:24PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018