Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jason, 'Welcome' to the AHRPS Forums!

September 01, 2018 08:03AM avatar
I am certain you'll enjoy it here as we have quite a few participants with ample time and experience afield with many different makes and models. We also seem to have far fewer odd-balls than found on several other metal detecting related forums.

I used to enjoy using both the White's MXT and Teknetics T2, especially with the 6½" and 5" coils, respectively, since I spend the bulk of my swing-time in very brushy and debris-filled sites. As time progressed I preferred the MXT Pro (All-Pro is the very same detector with an 'All' sticker), and after they brought out the MX-5 and I used them both afield a lot, I actually favored the MX-5's simplicity and performance. The T2 'Classic' brought us the good-old basic T2 at a much more affordable price, and while I never cared for the standard 11" BiAxial (aka Double-D) search coil, my field time with the small 5" DD on the T2 Classic was very rewarding in the really ugly iron debris sites I hunt.

With the White's line I added the excellent MX-7 when it came out last November, then I added another MX-5 back into my detector 'Team' the end of July. Currently there isn't a Tek. T2 under my roof, but I just might take a trade for a new T2 Classic w/5" and 5X10 DD coils simply because I like them. Don't need them with my Nokta FORS CoRe with two similar coils, but might add the old favorite back to have on-hand as a 'loaner unit.'

I hope you can find the time, and have the weather, to get in more detecting time, and be sure to keep us posted o your success afield or with any questions you might have.

Welcome!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Thanks for the add

GA1dad 135 August 31, 2018 10:55AM

Re: Thanks for the add

Sodbuster 77 September 02, 2018 07:38PM

Jason, 'Welcome' to the AHRPS Forums!

Monte 93 September 01, 2018 08:03AM

Re: Thanks for the add

Timbertodd 95 August 31, 2018 03:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018