Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'Yep' to your comments and I'll add a little.

September 21, 2018 05:41AM avatar
Hombre
Yep, I usually come up with a nail or two during a hunt and like to place them next to a natural buried target and show my hunting pardner what the small iron can do to a signal.
Having a hunting partner around will often mean I might demonstrate a thing or two, or let them demonstrate something. Either way we both/all learn how different detectors might or might not handle the 'demonstration.'

It's especially true with any ferrous junk, be it a nail or something else, and, as you know, most of the old sites I hunt out here have a very ample supply of rusty tin, nails and other magnet-attracting debris.

Hombre
Any of my Tesoros are good at separating the good from the bad and lately have used the White's MX5 and MX7 with good success.

Randy
Thumbs-up thumbs up for well-performing Tesoro models, to be sure.

I always keep at least one Tesoro with me in my travels, but most of the other models I own and use will come very close to matching a favorite Tesoro in places I usually search. Nokta's CoRe, Relic, Anfibio 19, White's modified Classic ID and MX-7, and in moderate trash even the Teknetics Omega 8000 V4 can come close. My White's XLT is the one that struggles the most in very dense iron, but it usually gets put to work in less challenging applications. One thing that helps them all with performance is that every detector in my outfit ... except one ... has a smaller coil mounted that is in the 5" to 7" diameter size range, both Concentric and Double-D designs.

Good-target separation from nearby offending junk was the main thing that attracted me to Tesoro's 35 years ago, and my favorites are still the detectors for others to try and match when rejecting iron nails, etc. They might not have Target ID or Tone ID, or a lot of adjustment functions, but there have been several models that I consider all-time favorites from Tesoro, and I think every savvy detectorist ought to have at least one good unit in their arsenal as well.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Old Vs New .. Do YOU have some 'standards' by which you compare performance?

Monte 153 September 17, 2018 08:21AM

Re: Old Vs New .. Do YOU have some 'standards' by which you compare performance?

Hombre 90 September 20, 2018 09:36PM

'Yep' to your comments and I'll add a little.

Monte 73 September 21, 2018 05:41AM

Re: Old Vs New .. Do YOU have some 'standards' by which you compare performance?

WM6 99 September 19, 2018 05:24AM

'Thank You' WM6 for your response to this topic.

Monte 74 September 19, 2018 07:48AM

Re: 'Thank You' WM6 for your response to this topic.

WM6 81 September 20, 2018 06:36AM

Hmmm OLD vs NEW

OregonGregg 76 September 21, 2018 06:47AM

Re: Hmmm OLD vs NEW

WM6 70 September 21, 2018 10:06AM

jmaryt 61 September 22, 2018 07:14AM

OregonGregg 85 September 22, 2018 06:45AM

WM6 65 September 23, 2018 04:33AM

jmaryt 82 September 22, 2018 07:18AM

jmaryt 103 September 18, 2018 01:25AM

Standards by which to compare? Detector University . .

Rich (Utah) 117 September 17, 2018 05:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018