Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GA1dad, clean the 'pots' and try it again.

September 30, 2018 07:13AM avatar
It will be interesting if you can tune to a 'Null' and have a left and right adjustment from there for a Threshold audio setting to respond to Metal (Coin) or Mineral (Nail) targets. I have a feeling it might not because there was no suggestion in print by the Tuner control, unless it was an offering that only had that in print in an Operator Manual. Then, it just might not work properly at all due to bad components in the main circuitry or a search coil related issue.

I have six 'old' detectors right now that look very good to little used, to include my Compass Yukon 99B and Coin Hustler that date to the mid-'70s, a Garrett Hunter BFO that dates to the latter '60s and a Garrett Money Hunter TR-Disc. and Master Hunter TR-Disc. from '76/'77, and a Teknetics Mark I Ltd. (the 'red' version) made in '86. I also have one of my favorite 'simple' TR-Disc. models, a Garrett American S2, that works great except for one component that functions with the retune button in the handle. I'll find someone who can track that glitch down and repair it for me.

Having a working old detector, one that works properly, can be fun to have on-hand. I have these mainly to sort through what I want around or doing seminars. But since I am 'thinning the herd' this year I plan to sell the Compass Yukon 99B, the Garrett Hunter BFO, and Money Hunter TR-Disc., and the Teknetics Mark I Ltd. All of them look really good and work as they should, so someone ought to enjoy them.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2018 07:24AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Vintage TR machine question Attachments

GA1dad 150 September 27, 2018 08:41PM

Re: Ray Jefferson Model 200 Treasurer Attachments

GA1dad 114 September 29, 2018 07:50PM

GA1dad, clean the 'pots' and try it again.

Monte 94 September 30, 2018 07:13AM

Re: Ray Jefferson Model 200 Treasurer

WM6 80 September 30, 2018 06:19AM

Old-time 'conventional' TR's are interesting. eye rolling smiley

Monte 93 September 28, 2018 07:02AM

Re: Old-time 'conventional' TR's are interesting. eye rolling smiley

GA1dad 81 September 28, 2018 09:00AM

WM6 74 September 29, 2018 02:43PM

WM6 92 September 28, 2018 08:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018