Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'95716' is home again. smiling bouncing smiley 'Thank You' for the help, Kickindirt. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

October 06, 2018 01:50PM avatar
One year ago this coming Tuesday, October 9th, I had nearly $7,000 worth of property stolen from my vehicle when we made an emergency run across state to Portland when my mother had a severe hear attack. I had 6 metal detectors, 4 sets of headphones, and 2 Nokta back-pack detector bags full of all my accessory search coils and extra rods and stuff. A lot more was stolen, but regarding the metal detecting equipment, that was quite a blow.

In that group I had 3 of my very favorite detectors in the mix, to include my custom-colored Edge Blue Nokta Relic w/white-colored 5" DD coil, custom-colored Edge Red Nokta FORS CoRe w/white-colored 'OOR' DD coil, and on a new style brush-finished rod set, my pristine Tesoro Bandido II µMAX w/the white 6" Concentric search coil. Oh, I miss the others and all the accessories I had as well, but those three models most especially.

In February of this year, my Edge Red FORS CoRe was spotted on the Facebook site of Metal Detector Buy, Sell, Trade --USA with a bogus story about it's history. With it were my brand new green set of stolen Killer B Hornet headphones, and a 4X7½ DD search coil for the Nokta Impact. Wrong coil and connector for the CoRe but the ad said it was an 'extra' search coil. It took some maneuvering after a call to Portland PD who said they couldn't do much and if I wanted it back I could just buy it.

My oldest son's in-law nephew handled that and I was able to get one of my favorite units back in my outfit. Then a few weeks ago I spotted what I believed to be my stolen Tesoro Bandido II µMAX on e-bay. It didn't have a photo of the serial number, but it was in the choice condition I keep my things in, and had the newer brush-finished rod, plus the 6" Concentric coil just like when it was stolen.

At that point, and now, I have no idea if the seller had any involvement in the crime or just happened to end up with it from a yard sale, second hand store or ??? ... but just in case I needed to be cautious about using my name or my address here in tiny Vale, Oregon. There was a lot of paperwork stolen such as everything for the new camp trailer I had just purchased and some other info with my name and address on it. besides, I don't do the e-bay thing.

Naturally I could have Monte Jr. do it since he and his family also live here in Vale, so what-to-do? There is was. MY detector, stolen almost a year ago and in just about the same excellent condition it was in resting on my back seat. All I could do was find someone I could trust to bid on it for me, and also hope the bidding didn't skyrocket!

That's where Kickindirt came in as I discussed this with him, and we was willing to handle the bidding and buying end, plus was looking for an additional detector for his own personal detector battery. Well, sometimes, good things happen. smiling smiley

► Kickindirt placed a reasonable higher bid.

► It ended about 1 AM my time on a Sunday morning and nobody got carried away to run bidding too high.

► I had offered Kickindirt a more than reasonable new detector package trade offer that he was interred in.

► My Bandido II microMAX was delive3red today after Kickindirt re-directed the package. On my desk was my repair tag and receipt for buying the new brush-finished rod and it had the detector's serial number. Yep, I was corrected, I did spot whet I felt my my stolen Tesoro and the serial number matched up perfectly!

We both came out ahead! It cost me a lot on my end to get my stolen Tesoro favorite back, but I am more than pleased, and I again give a 'Thank You' to Kickindirt for his help on this detector recovery.

Now, to keep an open eye for my Edge Blue Relic to show up on some classifieds and I'll be completely happy, at least so far as detectors are concerned.

Welcome home #95716, now it's time to go out and play!

Monte

PS: After few issues for all these decades, I am being more careful these days when it comes to what I tote around and leave unattended.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

'95716' is home again. smiling bouncing smiley 'Thank You' for the help, Kickindirt. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Monte 142 October 06, 2018 01:50PM

Re: '95716' is home again. smiling bouncing smiley 'Thank You' for the help, Kickindirt. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Kickindirt 72 October 09, 2018 07:41PM

Re: '95716' is home again. smiling bouncing smiley 'Thank You' for the help, Kickindirt. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Timbertodd 80 October 07, 2018 01:19PM

WM6 73 October 07, 2018 04:15AM

Remfire 90 October 06, 2018 03:44PM

Short answers.

Monte 98 October 06, 2018 05:06PM

Re: Short answers.

jmaryt 89 October 06, 2018 09:08PM

The 2nd 'Great Divide."

Monte 81 October 07, 2018 03:52AM

silverhound2 98 October 06, 2018 03:51PM

Re: Recovered detector

Sodbuster 94 October 06, 2018 03:11PM

About my progress on stolen goods.

Monte 105 October 06, 2018 04:45PM

Re: About my progress on stolen goods.

jmaryt 92 October 06, 2018 09:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018