Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Short answers.

October 06, 2018 05:06PM avatar
Remfire
Good you got it back, bad you had to pay. Even worse the thief didn't have to pay.
Yes, glad I got it back. Insurance did cover most of my losses so it's only reasonable I'd pay to buy it back, or in this case make a very generous trade for Kickindirt to buy it back and send it on to me.

Remfire
My investigator gut has lots of questions: Did it ship from Portland area; what was the "reason" it was on eBay; etc . . . ?
Yes, and my ex-cop gut has had questions about things since I got to the scene of the crime. But some big city law enforcement agencies don't get as involved as most smaller towns would.

The seller lives in and shipped from Oregon City. My other recovered/purchased detector was from a fellow in SE Portland.

As for 'reasons,' I think a good 75% or better of the listings on e-bay have a somewhat 'fib-based' story for selling. His didn't sound too far off the mark like the other guy's story in February.

Remfire
Time for a road trip with the Louisville Slugger.
I will be making a several day journey into the ugliness of dreary, generally wet Portland area this month. I spent too much of my life around there and can't stand the place ... with the exception of having a lot of Coin Hunting sites to go thin down, and that's been the plan when my neck surgery was done even before my Tesoro was listed. Just have to keep a sharp eye on the weather forecast so I might get 2 or 3 days of rain-free weather to try and enjoy.

No Louisville Slugger on hand, but I'm sure I'll have a more versatile Thumper along when I travel, just in case I need it.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

'95716' is home again. smiling bouncing smiley 'Thank You' for the help, Kickindirt. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Monte 142 October 06, 2018 01:50PM

Re: '95716' is home again. smiling bouncing smiley 'Thank You' for the help, Kickindirt. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Kickindirt 72 October 09, 2018 07:41PM

Re: '95716' is home again. smiling bouncing smiley 'Thank You' for the help, Kickindirt. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Timbertodd 80 October 07, 2018 01:19PM

WM6 73 October 07, 2018 04:15AM

Remfire 90 October 06, 2018 03:44PM

Short answers.

Monte 97 October 06, 2018 05:06PM

Re: Short answers.

jmaryt 89 October 06, 2018 09:08PM

The 2nd 'Great Divide."

Monte 81 October 07, 2018 03:52AM

silverhound2 98 October 06, 2018 03:51PM

Re: Recovered detector

Sodbuster 94 October 06, 2018 03:11PM

About my progress on stolen goods.

Monte 104 October 06, 2018 04:45PM

Re: About my progress on stolen goods.

jmaryt 92 October 06, 2018 09:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018