Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, things are 'normal' on the AHRPS Forums.

October 09, 2018 04:08AM avatar
Not too many forums to lose track of where you posted last. If it is primarily about a particular brand, then it would be listed under that Forum even if ... and especially if ... someone wants some comparison information. No banning or transferring posts on AHRPS unless really necessary.

If it is just general metal detecting related and not about any specific brand, it goes here in the General Metal Detecting Forum. Rather simple, and brand discussions, be them a company that is fast-paced and active, a less active forum, or one that might be temporarily closed down or restructuring, I have the main detector brands represented based on popular interest here in the USA.

I had a call from Oregon Gregg at 9-something last night who called my attention to it because the Main White's Forum was on Findmall just a couple of hours earlier, and as we discussed things the Spectra V3, V3i and VX3 Forum was there on Findmall just it is now at 4:00 AM Mountain Time. But like they changed the Tesoro Forum to Beep & Dig Forum a while ago, they changed the Main White's Metal Detecting Forum to the Main Comparison Detecting Forum.

The old Main White's Forum, the MXT Forum, and the TreasureMaster / TreasurePro Forum are all gone. The Spectra V3, V3i and VX3 Forum still has a direct link to go to the White's website so who knows what's going on. Something controlled by White's or just a move the Guvner made to his Findmall Forums?

So, while recent Forum-related discussions and such about Tesoro Electronics and White's Electronics have some folks wondering what's going on, the positive brand change we have witnessed came with the 'official' announcement at Detectival that Nokta-Makro Detection Technologies is now the single combined name of the two formerly separate brands.

Some of the Findmall Forums have been especially dead for a while. I posted something on their Teknetics Forum and Treasure Master & Treasure Pro Forums to try and spark some discussions but they received no or very minor response. Way too many individual places to make posts related to one brand as can still be seen with the groups of Minelab, Garrett and Fisher brand Forums.

Who knows, we might pick up a few more of the good guys gravitating over to ahrps.org Forums. smiling smiley

Let's watch for interesting discussions about how White's is doing, and be prepared for pending conversations about Tesoro as well. smiling smiley

Me? I'm planning on a 2-3 day detecting jaunt while we have comfortable fall weather. Need to catch up from my down-time this year and after my first surgery. Neck brace is off, upper spine if doing a lot better, and I have places to go.

I trust everyone can get some detecting time in with whatever make and model detectors you plan to use.thumbs up

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Something is going on with Finds Treasure Forumsthumbs down

Hombre 171 October 08, 2018 08:33PM

Re: Something is going on with Finds Treasure Forumsthumbs down

desertsmith 98 October 09, 2018 07:46PM

jmaryt 109 October 09, 2018 10:52PM

Cutting back on non-productive advertising ? ?

Rich (Utah) 105 October 09, 2018 08:59PM

Re: Cutting back on non-productive advertising ? ?

jmaryt 81 October 09, 2018 10:55PM

Well, things are 'normal' on the AHRPS Forums.

Monte 267 October 09, 2018 04:08AM

Re: Well, things are 'normal' on the AHRPS Forums.

WM6 193 October 09, 2018 05:11PM

Glad to help offering 'open' Forums, and I only draw the line on vulgar behavior. N/T

Monte 72 October 09, 2018 07:23PM

Forum Clean Up ?

Rich (Utah) 113 October 09, 2018 11:03AM

Re: Forum Clean Up ?

desertsmith 90 October 10, 2018 10:28AM

jmaryt 118 October 08, 2018 10:10PM

D&P-OR 111 October 08, 2018 10:41PM

jmaryt 88 October 09, 2018 09:46AM

D&P-OR 106 October 08, 2018 09:56PM

Re: Something is going on with Finds Treasure Forumsthumbs down That is fine with me!

Hombre 111 October 09, 2018 07:57AM

Re: Something is going on with Finds Treasure Forumsthumbs down That is fine with me!

OregonGregg 96 October 09, 2018 03:27PM

lytle78 75 October 11, 2018 04:36PM

Priorities

Rich (Utah) 92 October 09, 2018 11:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018