Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Drew, 'Welcome' to the AHRPS Forums. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

October 17, 2018 11:38PM avatar
It's great to add one more contributor with a bit of detecting time under their belt, and I think you're going to find a bunch of really fine people who participate on our Forums.

It's good to have one or two reliable and versatile detectors in your arsenal to help keep you going and they can provide a good references for comparison as you get and test other detectors. Those experiences help you learn more, in general and specifically, as you progress and fine one or two to add to your desired outfit. I think you'll find the Impact package you bought to be a functional device, but the Relic you have, like the two Relic and two CoRe models in my Detector Team are some I plan to keep around for a long, long time. With everything I own, those are my two favorites for the densely iron contaminated places I spend most of my search time.

Sorry we couldn't have met up back when you had the Compass Judge. I might have been able to help you out some, but we would have both been busy hauling in a lot of coins and other small lost keepers during the hey-day of the metal detecting hobby here in North America.

It's a good thing you're involved in and enjoying this great sport, but I sure feel sorry for the fact you have that Canadian coinage with so much of it made of magnetic metals compared the the better quality metal alloys of the change we use down here in the USA. It calls for a little more patience on your part, to be sure.

Fell welcome to ask away if you have questions, share your help and opinions, or just absorb some of the interesting discussions we have here on our variety of Forum selections.

All the best if you can get out hunting before winter arrives.

Monte

PS: I hear Oregon has good craft beer, but since I don't drink I wouldn't know. Those mugs in my 'Welcome' are Diet Dr. Pepper Floats. smiling smiley

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Hello!

Druid 117 October 17, 2018 09:35PM

Hey Drew -

Rich (Utah) 56 October 20, 2018 07:35PM

Re: Hey Drew -

Druid 78 October 22, 2018 10:04AM

Welcome aboard !

Hombre 65 October 19, 2018 09:18AM

Re: Hello!

NWCindy 71 October 18, 2018 06:27PM

Druid 53 October 22, 2018 10:09AM

zincoln 69 October 18, 2018 11:05AM

Timbertodd 78 October 18, 2018 06:29AM

Druid 56 October 19, 2018 08:43PM

Drew, 'Welcome' to the AHRPS Forums. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Monte 658 October 17, 2018 11:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018