Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Time to do some travelling to find coin-producing parks.

April 15, 2019 10:48PM avatar
I'm taking a 10:30 PM break from reviewing maps to plan an attack on some parks across the border in Idaho. I did take an evening break to grab a 2½ hour 'nap' (those kind of sneak up on you easily when you get a bit older and run-down) and am doing what I have to do. 'Have to do' in order to work on my Annual Coin Count Goal. That's because it's thin pickings here in the little town of Vale, Oregon, where I live.

We only have one main city park with one tot-lot that seldom gets used, even on nice summer days. But that's been the trend in so many towns and cities for almost two decades now, a steady decline on active use in parks, and even school play areas during non-school summer months. And the biggest close town, Ontario, only has about five parks with terrible condition, and seldom used, recreation areas.

Working against me is the long, drawn-out winter and windy, wet into to spring we've had that has also kept other public places from getting much use. So, I'm planning a travel route in the hope that some smaller towns across the border might have been ignored in recent years and I'll be able to chance upon an overlooked but productive site or two.

I really miss all those earlier days in this sport when you could easily get 200 - 500 coins in a day or two of leisurely detecting the grassy parks in modestly-sized towns and cities, and that was with those heavy, awkward-handling crude detectors, by today' standards, but the potential was just awaiting your arrival. I have three urban Coin Hunting favorites loaded up, including my new-to-me 6" coil-equipped Tesoro Silver Sabre microMAX so I can make sure the GB trimmer is tweaked for reliable performance.

We could get some showers tomorrow, Tuesday, but I'm setting my short-term goal to get out and round-up at least 450 coins by sunset on Saturday the 20th. If weather holds up, and my body as well, that might be enough to get me more enthused about how this spring and summer are going to go.

Okay, break-time is over. Back to the maps and route planning. I hope everyone else has the opportunity to get out hunting as well.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Nokta-Makro:(3), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1), XP:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Time to do some travelling to find coin-producing parks.

Monte 130 April 15, 2019 10:48PM

Continued annoying weather, heavy rain and wind.sad smiley

Monte 46 May 27, 2019 03:58AM

Updated tally: Interruptions trying to reach my goal.

Monte 87 April 22, 2019 12:48AM

Wet weather, medical appointments and warm spring weather are interrupting my efforts.

Monte 85 April 18, 2019 03:24AM

Re: Wet weather, medical appointments and warm spring weather are interrupting my efforts.

glabelle 79 April 18, 2019 07:47AM

Coin-producing parks.

UtahRich 96 April 15, 2019 10:57PM

Re: Coin-producing parks.

Monte 97 April 15, 2019 11:07PM

Parks.

UtahRich 76 April 15, 2019 11:12PM

That Liberty Park in my home town really produced.

Monte 81 April 15, 2019 11:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018