Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updated tally: Interruptions trying to reach my goal.

April 22, 2019 12:48AM avatar
Yesterday's post now reflects the updated coin finds for the week from '91' to '107' thanks to a flat tire this morning. I headed out early to a couple of gold mining era ghost towns at a slower-than-normal speed on the rough dirt road that hasn't been graded yet this year, and enjoying the ride with the brand new tires I bought last week ... at least for a while. I was 32 miles from home when I had a flat. I had to move all the detectors, headphones and other gear off the back seat of my GMC Envoy to get to the jack and tire iron, and when I lifted the seat I found a pill bottle that had slipped out-of-view. I added the meager sixteen coins to the week's tally.

My goal last week was to try and hit the 450 coin count for the week by sunset on Saturday the 20th. As I mentioned in another post some problems were an entire playground was removed and buried under 1' to maybe 3' of fill dirt. A couple of other potential sites were very busy due to high school lunch hour and terrific weather when adults had kids there swarming the playground. Health problems were partly mine with another medical appointment and an episode of crashing blood sugars (it's really annoying being a bad diabetic angry smiley), plus I have a sister who needed some assistance. I help her with transportation and I think her health is crappier than mine.

Then on Saturday the weather predictions were mixed the day before and I think I consulted the wrong source. Generally I check with NOAA to get the best up-to-date forecast, and that was for a chance of showers early and possibly scattered showers later in the afternoon. I guess I should have checked with the other NOAH because we had so much rain, very hard at times, that you could have floated an Ark! It was very, very wet and absolutely no detecting for me on Saturday.

I was really hoping to make a jaunt to Idaho to make up my shortage but my interrupted week of detecting only let me get a total of 107 coins.sad smiley And, as expected, those blasted Pennies way out-numbered my other coinage accounting for 60¾%. Way too many of those blasted 1¢ coins and I wish we'd follow our neighbor to the north and drop Penny production. Other coin denominations were sure scarce, and I hope that was mainly because we are just coming out of a winter when parks see very little use due to the cold, rain and some snow.

With 65 Pennies, only 4 Nickels, 20 Dimes and 16 Quarters, and 2 Dollar coins to end the week I also wish we not only dropped the Penny production here in the USA but also ditched the paper Dollar and just circulate more of those findable $1 coins.thumbs up A terribly low coin tally to end the week so I am going to try it again. That 450 coins a week used to be easily attainable when I lived in the big metro are of Portland Oregon but it's more of a struggle from tiny Vale Oregon.

So, with a couple more days of medical business to deal with, plus a couple more devoted to old-site hunting with some visiting friends, I'm going to set a new goal to work toward 450 coins by sunset on the 30th of this month. I really hope we're over those 'April showers' they often talk about and just going to enjoy sunny warm days to wrap up the month.

I'll report back after the 30th to see if I've reached that 450 coin count goal. I trust you all have some personal goals to work on as well, and best of success achieving them.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Teknetics: Omega 8000,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2019 12:19PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Time to do some travelling to find coin-producing parks.

Monte 172 April 15, 2019 10:48PM

Continued annoying weather, heavy rain and wind.sad smiley

Monte 67 May 27, 2019 03:58AM

Updated tally: Interruptions trying to reach my goal.

Monte 117 April 22, 2019 12:48AM

Wet weather, medical appointments and warm spring weather are interrupting my efforts.

Monte 107 April 18, 2019 03:24AM

Re: Wet weather, medical appointments and warm spring weather are interrupting my efforts.

glabelle 100 April 18, 2019 07:47AM

Coin-producing parks.

UtahRich 123 April 15, 2019 10:57PM

Re: Coin-producing parks.

Monte 118 April 15, 2019 11:07PM

Parks.

UtahRich 93 April 15, 2019 11:12PM

That Liberty Park in my home town really produced.

Monte 111 April 15, 2019 11:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018