Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Day #6, #7, #8 and today's Results ..

July 09, 2019 08:41PM avatar
On the 6th day, Saturday, I managed to get away on a day-long drive to a town in Idaho and then I wandered back to one in Oregon. Coin recoveries were unexciting considering the playgrounds at the parks and schools I hunted, but I did squeak across the 100 coin mark for the month ... barely. That was only because I hit an ugly-looking, low-use tot-lot that sees very little regular activity over by a defunct school. That little place had more coins than the big, attractive main city park in that town.

I had plans to make it a 2 or 3 day detecting excursion, but I had a late morning start and that was after a 4½ hour spectator evening on a very hard bleacher att he rodeo stadium. I ate something in the first town that didn't set so well, too, and wth being tired I made a return trip to home, but detoured on the round-aboutish journey through two old gold mining sites to check their condition and possibly get in a little relicy hunt time there instead of coin hunting.

Got to what remains of one old town before adventuring to the gold mining sites, pulled over to stretch, and ended up taking an hour-long nap. Gold mining towns were weeded up and not real inviting, but my dog, Miss Rikki, and I did get to enjoy some encounters along the way to watch five young Bighorn Sheep, also several bunches of Chuckar along that route.

The food that didn't set right with me kept me home and not doing too well on Sunday, Day #7, and part of Day #8.

Today, #9, I had some medical things to take care of and then I headed to an old park established in 1935. This week I am only using my White's XLT w/6½" Concentric and a Tesoro Silver Sabre microMAX w/6" Concentric coil. The park was established eighty-four years ago, but it has seen quite a bit of re-do of the large grassy area that shows signs of a lot of fill dirt being brought in to sculpt some of the old playground equipment (still just anchored in the lawn) and ball fields, etc.

This is a location I frequently visit as it is relatively close to me, but I seldom work the grassy lawn due to the work they have done to in years past, and when you do encounter a recoverable target, and they are very, very few and far between, they are seldom located less than about 4" deep. Most are deeper, so on my next visit later this week I'll probably swap the 8" Concentric on the XLT for a bit better coverage and to gain and inch or two on detection depth. The only bright spot is on the last visit I made, last year, when I hunted some of the fringe area of the grassy section with an XLT, I did manage a silver Mercury Dimes and three Wheat-back Cents from the '40s and early '50s

I'll keep at it with these two models for the remainder of this week. Then starting next Monday, after a VA Hospital appointment for tests on my bladder and kidneys, I plan to be using my XP ORX and Teknetics Omega 8000, and likely have a Tesoro tag along as well, for all of that week. Just having some fun mixing up the models I take along to use, and hope to also encounter a new-to-me site to hunt that turns out to be productive.

Only managed 8 or 9 coins today in that wide-open and sparse old park, so I have a good ways to go to reach the 200 coin mark for the month, but I'll keep trying. Wishing everyone else better success than I am experiencing, and more comfortable weather, too. Around here we'll be sunny and clear with highs in the 95° to triple-digit range from tomorrow through at least next Tuesday, the 16th. That's going to mean I'll have to get an early, crack-of-dawn start to take advantages of somewhat cooler mornings.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Teknetics: Omega 8000,
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Just a Day #2 update.

Monte 82 July 02, 2019 09:36PM

Day #16.. Worked some dirt & #17.. Medical & Instruction.

Monte 14 July 17, 2019 11:13PM

Day #13.. 100° & unpleasant --- Day #14.. Silver!smiling bouncing smiley --- Day #15.. Sicksad smiley.

Monte 22 July 16, 2019 05:34PM

Day #10, #11 and yesterday #12.

Monte 24 July 13, 2019 11:43AM

Day #6, #7, #8 and today's Results ..

Monte 43 July 09, 2019 08:41PM

Win / Win - cool smiley

UtahRich 36 July 09, 2019 10:00PM

Re: Win / Win - cool smiley

OregonGregg 36 July 10, 2019 07:27AM

Re: Win / Win - cool smiley

NWCindy 27 July 11, 2019 03:13PM

Try it, You'll Like it. cool smiley N/T

UtahRich 24 July 10, 2019 10:54PM

Day #4 & #5 Results.

Monte 47 July 08, 2019 08:49AM

Day #3 Results.

Monte 59 July 04, 2019 11:35AM

Re: Day #3 Results.

Kraemer 42 July 08, 2019 04:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018