Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My memory of those recoveries you made:

August 16, 2019 07:49AM avatar
Chris, 8 years ago, in June of 2011.

Here's a link to your post: Hey Monte, a Sunday report.

Here's a link to a post I made in that thread: Monte's comments to Chris' post.

exploregon
Did I pull 3 or 5? I remember it being odd that other than 2 wheats I found, the only coins that I recovered were found with a machine that normally doesn't pull that type of stuff. But then again, I dug it all so that helped.
Going on my memory from 8 years back, I believe you found 2 'V' Nickels after checking into the motel and returning to the park before the Outing started. Then on Sunday, after the Outing when leaving you stopped there for a while and, again my memory, you had found 2 'V' Nickels and after I arrived, and several others from the Outing group, I was present when you recovered a 3rd 'V' Nickel.

exploregon
We haven't been back there since that outing many years ago. The time before that at the same location they had dug up a concrete sidewalk where I found a Barber just barely under the surface.
Yes, and on a prior visit you also found one, possibly two, Buffalo Nickels in that same area which is why you went back to see if there were any more .... and you had to put up with 'V's instead of Buffalo's.eye popping smiley

It was interesting that it was the Minelab Explorer !! that was finding all those lower-conductive Nickels. Very unusual. Too bad you haven't been back for another visit. I was planning on making a 3-day Coin Hunting trip to the Portland areas, but Monte Jr. just had surgery yesterday on his right arm and shoulder, and just two months ago in June he had cervical spine surgery, similar to what I had in August of last year. So two surgeries in just under two months, and he'll have one more to go after he mends from today's fixes.

They are closing on their house at noon on Monday and hopefully get a house and business purchased on Tuesday. He can't drive for over 6 weeks, at least, so I'm going to help out by driving his trailer as they have to be out of their home by late Monday. Then get things moved, and while I can't due much to help as far as lifting, I can drive and haul his trailer and try to help with simple stuff when they movie into a place. Then I have an appointment at the VA Hospital Wednesday morning. So things have scrambled up my plans for Portland.

I might make a drive to the Central Oregon Park later Wednesday or early Thursday and try to put in a few hours of hunting. The potential is there I believe. Then I'll finish a drive on into the Portland metro area for a day or two of detecting. If you beat me to the park, I hope you do well. If I get there first, then I hope I can do well. I've pulled Barber Dines and Quarters out of there, but never managed a 'V' Nickel from that location.

Best of success wherever you go the next time you get out.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

My 9-11 events were surprising and frustrating.

Monte 183 August 12, 2019 11:07AM

Re: My 9-11 events were surprising and frustrating.

exploregon 98 August 15, 2019 08:13AM

You're correct, and so was my reference. Oh, I meant to send you a message about the 11th

Monte 78 August 15, 2019 08:50AM

Re: You're correct, and so was my reference. Oh, I meant to send you a message about the 11th

exploregon 80 August 15, 2019 11:55AM

My memory of those recoveries you made:

Monte 78 August 16, 2019 07:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018