Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glad you hit your annual goal, but Saturday was terrible for you.

August 20, 2019 04:50AM avatar
If you worked some of the inner SE schools and only nabbed 45 coins for the day, that's terrible.sad smiley

I didn't have a chance to make it in that direction as I had some things going on around here. I do hope to make the drive that way, perhaps this coming Friday and Saturday and ??

I got your PM this morning. On the tot-lots, be them schools or parks, I usually worked them with a more Hit-and-Run approach. If they were producing, I worked them as best I could, but if they were wimpy, I'd be off in a flash to hit a different location.

All of them have had far less use in summer months or on weekends, and those that do get used during school recess time, still don't see the kind of reseeding they once had when more kids carried change. I'm not sure which of the locations you searched. You could drop me an e-mail and share that info with me. If you have a chance to get away for a 'Day of Bark-chipping' I'd be glad to have you join me. You can more a lot faster and recover coins a lot easier, but I don't mind as I hope to pull a good number of cons on a 2-day trip over that way.

I knew of a select number of places that could be 'hot producers' most of the time and only so-so on occasion. That's why I got an early start on a Saturday morning, once school started, and from crack-of-light I'd make the rounds of as many potentially productive sites as I could. I started very early before some 'local neighborhood traffic' woke up and came out. Back in '98, when I turned my concentration to modern coinage and set an annual goal of 10,000 coins,

I still worked some older places, but the bulk of my urban detecting was amassing all the change I could from tot-lots and other play sites, and I totaled 12,479 coins that year. Some of the Portland area 'locals' caught on to where I was hunting and about 2 or 3 of them buddied up and started working the same type sites .... often!

I had some serious competition, but I also quit displaying my finds. Now, that was quite a while back (21 years) and I know they kept at it for maybe 5 years, but I'd think some of them have eased up or maybe even quit the hobby. I moved away from there 6 years ago and haven't kept track. Only worked the places on trips over there I'd make to see my Mom, but she passed away two years ago this November.

If you'd be up to a full-day of of hunting, with an early start, maybe we can have a favorable day of it and tally 100 or more coins a day, each. Quite easy, if the area hasn't totally dried up.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Met one goal

zincoln 101 August 18, 2019 08:33PM

Re: Met one goal

OregonGregg 87 August 20, 2019 03:05PM

Glad you hit your annual goal, but Saturday was terrible for you.

Monte 77 August 20, 2019 04:50AM

Sent you a PM N/T

zincoln 57 August 20, 2019 05:00PM

Received the PM.

Monte 97 August 21, 2019 04:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018