Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A daytime coinhunt and I got 'Mooned!'

January 26, 2020 08:48AM avatar
Had a little time Friday after my doctor appointment to get in about a 15 minute tot-lot hunt. Not much but needed to get a start on the 5,000 coin goal I set, again, for 2020.

I checked out a big grassy park I've been waiting to hunt, but my screwdriver and I didn't enjoy the still frozen ground. Even the tot-lot was only toe-scuffable with very loose chips on some top areas and frozen solid from about 1" and below. It was really nice weather and I had another appointment to get to, but the next time we have a nice weather day things are going to be better. It's warmed up around here, to 10°-15° above normal, both the highs and lows, and we have been, and currently are , getting a lot of rain. The warming rains and daytime tamps are going to help get local hunt sites thawed out, hopefully by next weekend. cool smiley

I only had about fifteen minutes to scurry through the tot-lot, and left a lot of potentially good targets behind in the still-frozen material that I just couldn't break into. Like I stated, I did get 'Mooned' at the park, and while I didn't find a single 5¢ coin, it was nice to NOT see the 1¢ recoveries hit the 50% mark. Only 19 coins, but it's a start for the year, finally. I hope to get in one or two more opportunities to hunt before January ends this next Friday.

Using the Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric for that quick task, and now only 4,981 to go.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Attachments:
open | download - Jan. 'Mooned' Coin Hunt.jpeg (1007 KB)
Subject Author Views Posted

A daytime coinhunt and I got 'Mooned!' Attachments

Monte 285 January 26, 2020 08:48AM

Re: A daytime coinhunt and I got 'Mooned!'

Harold,ILL. 107 February 11, 2020 05:25AM

jmaryt 107 February 11, 2020 08:19PM

Yep, the Tesoro 6" Concentric is a 'must-have' in my opinion.

Monte 105 February 11, 2020 06:31AM

I got 'Mooned!'

OregonGregg 158 January 29, 2020 07:28AM

'Mooned!'

UtahRich 128 January 26, 2020 12:53PM

Kickindirt 151 January 26, 2020 10:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Guests: 303 on July 13, 2020