Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A daytime coinhunt and I got 'Mooned!'

January 26, 2020 10:48AM avatar
Had a little time Friday after my doctor appointment to get in about a 15 minute tot-lot hunt. Not much but needed to get a start on the 5,000 coin goal I set, again, for 2020.

I checked out a big grassy park I've been waiting to hunt, but my screwdriver and I didn't enjoy the still frozen ground. Even the tot-lot was only toe-scuffable with very loose chips on some top areas and frozen solid from about 1" and below. It was really nice weather and I had another appointment to get to, but the next time we have a nice weather day things are going to be better. It's warmed up around here, to 10°-15° above normal, both the highs and lows, and we have been, and currently are , getting a lot of rain. The warming rains and daytime tamps are going to help get local hunt sites thawed out, hopefully by next weekend. cool smiley

I only had about fifteen minutes to scurry through the tot-lot, and left a lot of potentially good targets behind in the still-frozen material that I just couldn't break into. Like I stated, I did get 'Mooned' at the park, and while I didn't find a single 5¢ coin, it was nice to NOT see the 1¢ recoveries hit the 50% mark. Only 19 coins, but it's a start for the year, finally. I hope to get in one or two more opportunities to hunt before January ends this next Friday.

Using the Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric for that quick task, and now only 4,981 to go.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Attachments:
open | download - Jan. 'Mooned' Coin Hunt.jpeg (1007 KB)
Subject Author Views Posted

A daytime coinhunt and I got 'Mooned!' Attachments

Monte 658 January 26, 2020 10:48AM

Re: A daytime coinhunt and I got 'Mooned!'

Harold,ILL. 346 February 11, 2020 07:25AM

jmaryt 347 February 11, 2020 10:19PM

Yep, the Tesoro 6" Concentric is a 'must-have' in my opinion.

Monte 360 February 11, 2020 08:31AM

I got 'Mooned!'

OregonGregg 435 January 29, 2020 09:28AM

'Mooned!'

UtahRich 387 January 26, 2020 02:53PM

Kickindirt 425 January 26, 2020 12:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021