Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2-Tones and 5-Tones I like. 50-Tones? I'll try to adapt..

April 14, 2020 03:40AM avatar
UtahRich
II find 5 tones works really well for me and my hearing and my detecting state of mind for a lot of areas.
I know for me 5-Tones sounds fine and works well for most day-to-day hunting I do. If I'm at a site with abundant Iron Nails and very little other debris, I opt for 2-Tone. I do the same with the Nokta CoRe and Relic, favoring their 3-Tone generally, but opt for 2-Tone when it is mainly Iron Nails or common ferrous debris making up most of the junk.

UtahRich
That said, the 50 tones has it's place.
I do have it selected in one of my mode settings that I mainly use to double-check an area, but of all the multi-tones (greater than 5) that I've used, I haven't found anything I liked as much as the XLT with Tone ID 'On.'

UtahRich
Think about the signagraph on the XLT as a visual indicator and then think back how a junky corroding target would smear across a section of the display while a coin, token or ring would have a close group of indicators on the display.
The4 XLT is more 'analog' based circuitry than most of what is produced today on any good mid to upper-end model's digital circuitry design.

UtahRich
Anyway, if you sweep along slowly, listening to the little tune each target plays, and dig some to correlate target types with the audible sounds, you'll come to see the relation.
I know, and I can see, that is hear, the relation, but it's probably from so many, many years of relying on a single-tone analog detector, or a good 2-Tone or 3-Tone function. Matter-of-fact, I haven't been too keen on the 4-Tone or 5-Tone modes on a T2 or Impact r Multi-Kruzer or Anfibio or several others makes and models ... until I started using the Vanquish 540 a lot.

It is 5-Tone and there is no user adjustment, but it is similar to an Equinox 800 default program, except for the selected tone pitch used. With the 800 I could tinker with the individual Tone Pitches and match them up, and might try it on a rainy day, but I simply used those default settings when I set-up Park 1 & 2 and Filed 1 & 2 for commonality when mode switching..

I'll get some field-time in the next month or two and compare matching programs with only a Tone change from 5 to 50 and see if I can grow to enjoy it. My hearing impairment might not let me.

UtahRich
Trouble comes when there's so many instruments in the target symphony, that it sounds like the first day of 7th grade band class.
Now, there's a very good analogy.thumbs up

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2020 03:41AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

First hundred year old coin this year. Attachments

Sodbuster 263 April 12, 2020 05:51PM

Congratulations! Were you using the 11" DD?

Monte 148 April 13, 2020 05:56PM

Re: Congratulations! Were you using the 11" DD?

Sodbuster 152 April 14, 2020 07:29AM

2 Tones, 5 Tones, 50 Tones.

UtahRich 149 April 13, 2020 09:12PM

2-Tones and 5-Tones I like. 50-Tones? I'll try to adapt..

Monte 152 April 14, 2020 03:40AM

First 100+ Coin this year . thumbs up

UtahRich 148 April 13, 2020 04:05PM

Way-to-go! Another Buffalo Nickel find. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Monte 127 April 13, 2020 06:00PM

Re: Rich's 100 yr. finds thumbs up

Sodbuster 134 April 13, 2020 04:49PM

Re: First hundred year old coin this year.

OregonGregg 137 April 13, 2020 06:43AM

jmaryt 145 April 12, 2020 07:08PM

Sodbuster 140 April 12, 2020 07:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020