Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Holiday Weekend here in the USA ... Time to go detecting!

July 03, 2020 06:27AM avatar
On your own, with a hunting buddy or two, or for many just a good time to do some things with their family ... such as detecting. Locally there are parks, schools, playgrounds and sports fields. No, some haven't been used as much for a few months now, but that doesn't mean they are void of good targets. How about searching a camp ground, a river or lake beach, or pe3rhaps you're close to some of that salty water that can draw a lot of people. The kind of people, and activity, that causes good-target losses.

If you have an extra detector that's easy-to-learn you could take it along just in case you can spark the interest of a spouse or youngster once they see the fun you're having and things you're finding. Just be safe, keep an eye on the traffic, and have a great time enjoying this fantastic holiday weekend. It's one of my favorites.

For me, my house is finished with all the updating, and it's now filled with boxes and totes and 'stuff' from the storage unit as I had my home emptied out. I'll be busy today, and probably a good deal of tomorrow, working to get things unpacked and put where they are supposed to be. If I make the progress I'm striving for, I might be able to work in a couple of hours later tomorrow and, if not, at least the next day. I've had my plans for the weekend ahead of time and I trust you were ll able to do the same. Relax, enjoy some fishing, camping, other activities and all those around you, and don't forget to share.

Yes, 'share' ... that's what campfires and other gather-around get-togethers are for. To let us share some of our personal history. Interesting stories of our past and, if you've had some interesting experiences like I've enjoyed, you can tell some good tales that just might include some adventures while off on a metal detecting jaunt.

Oh, and don't forget the final tale of the holiday weekend, either. That's sharing your wrap-up story with all of us here on the AHRPS Forums of your get-way adventures and how your detecting went. I posted this on the Traditional Coin Hunting Forum becuse I think a lot of folks are going to use this opportunity to go put in some Coin & Jewelry Hunting time, but if your travels take you to some old sites, just post over on that Forum.

All the best of success to everyone!

Monte

And Happy 4th Of July .. Happy Independence Day!

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A Holiday Weekend here in the USA ... Time to go detecting!

Monte 138 July 03, 2020 06:27AM

Re: A Holiday Weekend here in the USA ... Time to go detecting!

Timbertodd 87 July 04, 2020 02:28PM

My XLT coil picks and favorite 'Bushwhack' program.

Monte 106 July 05, 2020 07:35AM

BE CAREFUL (of group gatherings).

D&P-OR 122 July 03, 2020 03:35PM

Re: BE CAREFUL (of group gatherings).

jmaryt 97 July 04, 2020 02:09PM

Re: BE CAREFUL (of group gatherings).

NWCindy 114 July 04, 2020 12:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020