Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot Days and a New Detector Adventure.

September 02, 2020 05:55AM avatar
I just thought I'd send a 'You're Lucky' comment out to anyone, anywhere, who is enjoying comfortable, pleasant detecting weather. I live here in far Eastern Oregon and it WAS looking like the higher summer temperatures were leaving us two weeks ago, then possibly last week, but now the weather-predictors are guessing we'll still be in the upper 90° range to maybe 102° this coming Saturday. That works hard to take the fun out of detecting, especially when I'm enjoying a New Detector Adventure with the Garrett Apex.

I have two days of evaluation time racked up so far and I'll be meeting OregonGregg today at 10 AM at Cow Hollow Park south of here to help search for a lost key. Just a recent-drop surface target but maybe I'll get lucky and hit on a high-conductive silver coin I'll be urged to recover. At least I can always hope. For this guy who prefers smaller-size to occasionally a mid-size coil, this will let me make use of the mid-big 6X11 DD coil that comes with the Apex for a little better coverage.

Oh well, just looking for a lost key but at least I'll enjoy it because I always have 'fun' when I am working with any new-to-me detector to learn more about them. In this case, the Apex is new to everybody! Kind of adds to the fun-factor.

Most likely the big trees nearby will block some of that sun as it heats up towards a 98° day with a cloudless blue sky. I'll be hoping for a breeze or light wind because right now, at 4:50 AM, there is 0 wind speed and my (lighted) US Flag is hanging limp.

Monte.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Hot Days and a New Detector Adventure.

Monte 293 September 02, 2020 05:55AM

Re: Hot Days and a New Detector Adventure.

Sodbuster 210 September 02, 2020 01:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021