Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Earlier this week I was asked about any Parks in the small town where I live.

September 04, 2020 08:45AM avatar
There is only one developed park in Vale, Oregon, where I reside, and when I get done working the Apex at the location I just posted, I'll be taking the new Garrett model here. We are not finished with summer weather yet, hitting 97° Wednesday, 99° Thursday, 100° predicted for today and 101° on Saturday .... then we're supposed to start getting back to normal. Locally, we only have shade to hunt in very early in the morning because Vale's city park used to have a lot of trees ... and a lot of park use, too. Just like many parks used to but don't anymore.

Here's a nice, and interesting, old video of Vale Oregon, where many main stares were still dirt and gravel, and at that time the city had a population of about 1010 and today we are maybe at about 1820. But today, we have many main-street buildings that are vacant or mostly vacant, and not near the 'local' activity of a 'thriving community' since people don't get out much, and when they do, they drive 15+ miles to the nearest bigger town of almost 12,000 people.

Here's the video that shows our city park at about the 9 Min 07 second mark, and not only was it in use, but it was well treed, nicely shaded, and I sure wish it was that way today.. (Better still, I wish I had my detectors and was back there at the time they made this video!)

Vale, Oregon in 1937 →→ [www.youtube.com]

Ever find out anything about the city parks where you live? Might give some clues of where to go detecting.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2020 08:46AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Earlier this week I was asked about any Parks in the small town where I live.

Monte 81 September 04, 2020 08:45AM

9:22 AM and only 50° →→→ Headed back to the park.

Monte 44 September 13, 2020 08:26AM

Yesterday's Park Hunt was 'breathtaking.'

Monte 46 September 14, 2020 11:44AM

Re: 9:22 AM and only 50° →→→ Headed back to the park.

Timbertodd 37 September 13, 2020 10:08AM

Re: Earlier this week I was asked about any Parks in the small town where I live.

Remfire 60 September 04, 2020 09:38AM

It's sure interesting how smaller-size towns can thrive and die.

Monte 50 September 07, 2020 08:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 54
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020