Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yesterday's Park Hunt was 'breathtaking.'

September 14, 2020 11:44AM avatar
I started to head out and had two piggy-back phone calls that delayed me. Then I got down there and while the Apex was handling the environment, Monte wasn't. I wandered through the debris field by the north picnic bowery where I cleaned out some modern change, but I wanted to head out into the open area in the middle of the park away from a lot of trash to look for older, spread-out coins.

The health warning I should have paid attention to because they encouraged folks to stay indoors as the dense smoke haze was unhealthy. I have a tough time breathing on a good day, and it was very think, with no breeze at all. By the time I made it almost to where I wanted to be, my gasping had me reverse direction. So hazy it blocked the sun and kept us at 84° for a high late in the day, but the recent forecast looks better. Continued heavy smoke through Thursday, then some storms out of the NW might help clear the air by Friday. I guess my adventures will have to wait until I can breathe better.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Earlier this week I was asked about any Parks in the small town where I live.

Monte 81 September 04, 2020 08:45AM

9:22 AM and only 50° →→→ Headed back to the park.

Monte 44 September 13, 2020 08:26AM

Yesterday's Park Hunt was 'breathtaking.'

Monte 45 September 14, 2020 11:44AM

Re: 9:22 AM and only 50° →→→ Headed back to the park.

Timbertodd 37 September 13, 2020 10:08AM

Re: Earlier this week I was asked about any Parks in the small town where I live.

Remfire 60 September 04, 2020 09:38AM

It's sure interesting how smaller-size towns can thrive and die.

Monte 50 September 07, 2020 08:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 52
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020