Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I waited it out for the UPS driver to show up.

October 20, 2020 03:09AM avatar
Got it all picked up by 4:44 PM and headed home . It was a 75° sunny afternoon and I wasn't able to get any hunt-time in all day. Then I got home, hand-trucked the big box in the house, and it felt like Christmas! A bunch of boxes to open, and I have a lot of that plain tan paper used to wedge in-between the boxes so they wouldn't rattle around. That pile of paper is going to come in handy later this week. And it had a Christmas-feel with the Green, Silver and Gold. The dark Green of the new Teknetics T2+, the Silver of the Omega-8500, and the nice flat-Gold color of the Fisher F5.

Today it's still supposed to get p to 67° and be mostly sunny, and I'll work in some detecting time on Wednesday in the low 60° range and still mostly sunny ... but then things change. It's supposed to be 8 mph winds gusting to 20 mph Wednesday but drop to 32° that night. Thursday only to 55°but sunny, 27° that night, and just edge over 50° on Friday. That afternoon I'll have all this packing paper torn into strips and crumpled into balls as a good fire starter for my wood stove. Before sunset I'll bring in ample firewood and get a welcome to nippy weather started with a good hot fire.

Friday it will drop to 34°, and Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday we'll have highs of 46° to 49° and lows of 17° to 28° and, just possibly, a 45% chance for precipitation Saturday morning. That's October 24th and a serious hint of winter maybe showing up a little early this year.angry smiley

I wonder when Del & Patsy are going to be headed south for their 'snowbird' season? A few weeks ago one weather predictor suggested we were likely going to have a milder and warmer fall and winter. Doesn't look like it, so I hope all of you out there have some pleasant opportunities to get out and enjoy. UtahRich might need a windshield brush and scraper by Thursday..

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Monday, 1:30 PM, 66° and sunny blue skies ... and I'm sitting at home.moody smiley

Monte 66 October 19, 2020 02:49PM

Status update -

UtahRich 384 October 19, 2020 04:30PM

Now it's a beautiful afternoon and I'm enjoying the fresh air ... but ...

Monte 55 October 19, 2020 05:22PM

Don't give into the UPS DEMON

UtahRich 47 October 19, 2020 05:31PM

I waited it out for the UPS driver to show up.

Monte 37 October 20, 2020 03:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020