Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I waited it out for the UPS driver to show up.

October 20, 2020 03:09AM avatar
Got it all picked up by 4:44 PM and headed home . It was a 75° sunny afternoon and I wasn't able to get any hunt-time in all day. Then I got home, hand-trucked the big box in the house, and it felt like Christmas! A bunch of boxes to open, and I have a lot of that plain tan paper used to wedge in-between the boxes so they wouldn't rattle around. That pile of paper is going to come in handy later this week. And it had a Christmas-feel with the Green, Silver and Gold. The dark Green of the new Teknetics T2+, the Silver of the Omega-8500, and the nice flat-Gold color of the Fisher F5.

Today it's still supposed to get p to 67° and be mostly sunny, and I'll work in some detecting time on Wednesday in the low 60° range and still mostly sunny ... but then things change. It's supposed to be 8 mph winds gusting to 20 mph Wednesday but drop to 32° that night. Thursday only to 55°but sunny, 27° that night, and just edge over 50° on Friday. That afternoon I'll have all this packing paper torn into strips and crumpled into balls as a good fire starter for my wood stove. Before sunset I'll bring in ample firewood and get a welcome to nippy weather started with a good hot fire.

Friday it will drop to 34°, and Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday we'll have highs of 46° to 49° and lows of 17° to 28° and, just possibly, a 45% chance for precipitation Saturday morning. That's October 24th and a serious hint of winter maybe showing up a little early this year.angry smiley

I wonder when Del & Patsy are going to be headed south for their 'snowbird' season? A few weeks ago one weather predictor suggested we were likely going to have a milder and warmer fall and winter. Doesn't look like it, so I hope all of you out there have some pleasant opportunities to get out and enjoy. UtahRich might need a windshield brush and scraper by Thursday..

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Monday, 1:30 PM, 66° and sunny blue skies ... and I'm sitting at home.moody smiley

Monte 313 October 19, 2020 02:49PM

Status update -

UtahRich 565 October 19, 2020 04:30PM

Now it's a beautiful afternoon and I'm enjoying the fresh air ... but ...

Monte 247 October 19, 2020 05:22PM

Don't give into the UPS DEMON

UtahRich 220 October 19, 2020 05:31PM

I waited it out for the UPS driver to show up.

Monte 228 October 20, 2020 03:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021