Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need additional help with Tot-Lot hunting. confused smiley

October 24, 2013 01:36AM avatar
Hi Monte,

This is in reference to my thread-starter post titled Gamma 6000 w/5"DD coil vs Compadre w/5.75" coil , dated August 10, 2013 04:17AM in the Traditional Coin Hunting forum.

Pasted below is a copy of the last paragraph from your reply titled: Todd, here are some easy answers. , dated August 12, 2013.

Mount a 5" DD on your Gamma, work it slowly and patiently and I am sure you will find it to be a definite asset in your detector arsenal. I especially like them about mid-summer when so many playgrounds have been hard-hunted and the easy pickings are gone. I work the smallest coils in and around and close to all the pipes and other metal structures in an efficient method and pluck a lot of coins and jewelry that have been missed by the casual hunters.

I've tried working around the pipe and large metal support structures of Tot-Lot equipment where the wood chips pile up, using different scanning methods with the Gamma and 5" DD coil, as well as the Compadre and 5.75" coil, but haven't had much luck around these legs and supports.

I haven't found any jewelry and only a precious-few coins that were buried in the chips out away from equipment in the Tot-Lot chip yards, i.e. one Washington quarter and a few Lincoln cents, all clad. There are two separate Tot-Lots in this park and many adults come with their children every day during Spring, Summer and Fall, so there would seem to be ample opportunity for coins & jewelry to be in the chip pile-ups around legs and supports, but I'm having no luck with jewelry and very little with coinage.

In contrast, I've had excellent results on coins with the Gamma/5"DD combo, finding lots of Quarters, Dimes, Nickels and Cents in other areas of this park, but zilch in the Tot Lots !

Could you give me a refresher course with scanning tips and techniques, machine settings you would recommend and target audio tones to listen for within the large masking "cloud" of audio signals coming from the equipment pipe legs and supports ?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer !

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido ⅡµMax and Compadre, White's Classic Ⅱ, Garrett Ace250 and
Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.
Subject Author Views Posted

Need additional help with Tot-Lot hunting. confused smiley

ToddB64 1040 October 24, 2013 01:36AM

Re: Need additional help with Tot-Lot hunting. confused smiley

johnedoe 692 November 17, 2013 02:14PM

'johnedoe,' Welcome to our AHRPS Forums!

Monte 756 November 17, 2013 03:37PM

Re: 'johnedoe,' Welcome to our AHRPS Forums!

johnedoe 232 January 20, 2017 08:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016