Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My end-of-day report.

April 05, 2021 02:50AM avatar
I grabbed breakfast then checked a few local areas looking for a place to hunt. Then we headed to Abilene when Monte Jr. called to ask how my gas was (knowing I was low yesterday) and since I forgot to fuel up earlier, we took an exit to where he bought the gas at $2.499 a couple of days ago. It had changed 5¢! It was now $2.449.smiling smiley Gas in Clyde is more expensive at $2.57 to $2.68, but the bigger city of Abilene has some cheaper gas stations.

We did drive around and checked out a few places but my mind is kind of stuck on a house I have an offer in on and the owner will be home Monday ... and hopefully look at the offers and jump on mine. I need to get into a place and start fixing / cleaning things up and do some unpacking and get back to a normal life. I did make a drive out into some of the smaller rural towns to see what they offered in the way of detecting, and there are a couple of renovation projects I'll check out this week in Abilene.

I only had a few minutes to do some Coin Hunting, and struggling with my back and bad leg / knee I only managed a little time at on place ... and it was all modern change. Not a lot of settings to report as I utilized the Tesoro Silver Sabre µMAX, with near maximum Sensitivity, minimum Disc., and a 6" Concentric coil. I have a place located to work with a TID model tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on all the house funds transfer and hopefully acceptance of my offer on the local house. I also need to find the VA clinic and get my medications transferred, etc. Anyway, I tallied just 48 coins, and only 23 were pennies, so that's a good thing.

I guess it will take some time to settle into a new and different environment and locate places to hunt. Quite different from where I lived with one ghost town 35 miles from my driveway, and three old gold mining era town sites from the 1864 through Depression Era in a 98 mile round-trip. Texas is a great big state that is mostly private property by comparison and very little public land.

Best of success to everyone who is getting some hunt-time in.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

I'm 'jumping' at the chance, and 'hoppy' to go detecting today.

Monte 261 April 04, 2021 06:55AM

My end-of-day report.

Monte 194 April 05, 2021 02:50AM

Re: hoppy detectingsmiling smiley

Sodbuster 136 April 04, 2021 01:29PM

I hope your yesterday was pleasant, and as far as parks go ....

Monte 211 April 05, 2021 03:02AM

Re: I'm 'jumping' at the chance, and 'hoppy' to go detecting today.

Timbertodd 124 April 04, 2021 01:05PM

A beautiful weather day, cheap gas, and eyed a few places ...

Monte 127 April 05, 2021 03:08AM

'hoppy' to go detecting today.

UtahRich 291 April 04, 2021 11:22AM

Yes, 'Neighborhood Explorations' is a fun-factor, to be sure. N/T

Monte 141 April 05, 2021 03:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021