Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clouds ... Winds ... Left-Overs. sad smiley

April 21, 2021 06:40AM avatar
It started out partly sunny but quickly turned to mostly cloudy and blocked the sun until later in the afternoon. It never warmed over 53° and that was later in the day..

The winds picked up instead of dying down, hinted by the weather forecasters, and that increased the wind-chill factor which felt almost winter-like. Everyone was bundled up in a coat, and the gusts were in the 30 mph to 40 mph range which took the fun out of detecting the flat open areas, and that's how most places are around this prairie area. It also did its best to re-direct the travel of my mini van, semis and other contraptions on the highways.

And then there was the fact it was a Tuesday morning and someone around here also gets out detecting ... on a Monday. I was headed into the big town for shopping and a pet-shop visit but stopped by the biggest park in town only to encounter a lot of 'toe-scuff' marks where a local or two cruised through the bark-chip tot-lot and thinned it out. They, one or more, did a very good job as I had to work hard to get just a few coins from tougher-to-hunt areas. That let me know there's somebody else who enjoys this sport around here and I'll try and track them down.

Worked a Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" Concentric coil at minimum Disc., and an Apex w/'Ripper' 5X8 DD and my 'Custom' settings of Disc. accepting '20' and above, Sensitivity '8', Volume '8', Iron Volume '2' and used both MF and selected 15 kHz at times. The most frequently lost areas were virtually void of anything, to include foil and tabs as well as coins, so I concentrated on the more open ares ... in the stiff wind. I didn't count the coins in the small bottle I carry and will just add them to whatever I come up with next, but the count had to be less than twenty coins and no jewelry. sad smiley

It looks like it might not be until Saturday before I can get out hunting again and will redirect my approach and hunt sites. We'll be into shirt-sleeve weather by then in the low 80°s. Pleasant hunting conditions, so I only need to find productive sites. Anyone else have those same needs?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A quick flash-money day yesterday.

Monte 232 April 20, 2021 07:25AM

"Pennies from Heaven ... " --- Whoever came up with that ...

Monte 247 April 27, 2021 06:59AM

Re: A quick flash-money day yesterday.

NWCindy 132 April 21, 2021 05:19PM

Clouds ... Winds ... Left-Overs. sad smiley

Monte 151 April 21, 2021 06:40AM

52 coins a day x 46 days

OregonGregg 164 April 20, 2021 07:40AM

But the problem is ....

Monte 275 April 20, 2021 05:37PM

You need cheaper transportation Monte.. Attachments

UtahRich 180 April 20, 2021 10:04PM

The 'fall-over' requirements for a 2-wheeled conveyance is something ..

Monte 251 April 21, 2021 04:21AM

True Grit.

UtahRich 136 April 21, 2021 10:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021