Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Pennies from Heaven ... " --- Whoever came up with that ...

April 27, 2021 06:59AM avatar
... song line was most likely NOT a metal detecting hobbyist. I hoped a location or two yesterday might cough-up an older coin or two, but it looks like I'll have to keep up my search for an older-use site. I'm still busy with taking care of things as it gets close to closing-time on a place to live so I can only squeeze in a little detecting here or there. Things will improve when I am in, get thing taken care of then start unpacking.

I didn't find much yesterday only counting 27 coins. That's OK except ⅔ of them were Pennies. angry smiley Dates on coins were no older than 1967, but none of the 18 Pennies were eaten-up, so that's a good thing. Only 3-Nickels, 2-Dimes and 4-Quarters completed the tally. No Silver, No Buffalo, No Wheat-back. Worse than my average Penny percentage of about 53% to 56%, at 66.6% Pennies it almost gets frustrating.

I definitely need to find an older-use area or two. They are around, I just need to find them and gain access to hunt. Should be another month or so and things will calm down for me and I can enjoy better detecting, if all goes well. Most of what I came up with was using an Apex w/5X8 DD 'Ripper' coil and my 'Custom' program, or a quick-hit at a small area with a Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" Concentric.

The ground around here in the central / west Texas area is sure a lot kinder to deal with than the very highly mineralized and rocky places I often hunted in Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Nevada, and that's an enjoyable change. Most places, so far, have been easy-digging, too, making target recovery pretty simple.

Well, it's another beautiful day, but showers and thunderstorms are going to be around, off-and-on, through but I am going to try and work in whatever hunt-time I can as we finish up the month of April this week. I hope others can get out for some fun, and better success, as well. Now to load Rikki, go get breakfast, and try to beat the showers.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A quick flash-money day yesterday.

Monte 263 April 20, 2021 07:25AM

"Pennies from Heaven ... " --- Whoever came up with that ...

Monte 271 April 27, 2021 06:59AM

Re: A quick flash-money day yesterday.

NWCindy 151 April 21, 2021 05:19PM

Clouds ... Winds ... Left-Overs. sad smiley

Monte 171 April 21, 2021 06:40AM

52 coins a day x 46 days

OregonGregg 185 April 20, 2021 07:40AM

But the problem is ....

Monte 317 April 20, 2021 05:37PM

You need cheaper transportation Monte.. Attachments

UtahRich 206 April 20, 2021 10:04PM

The 'fall-over' requirements for a 2-wheeled conveyance is something ..

Monte 273 April 21, 2021 04:21AM

True Grit.

UtahRich 155 April 21, 2021 10:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021