Advanced

"hey monte! why not do as I do ...."

May 03, 2021 12:32AM avatar
jmaryt
hey monte! why not do as I do, and use a 31" "Sampson" for the
"up and down!" I just swing along,and support myself with the "sampson"
in my left hand, then make my plug, and eliminate at least "one " up and down!'
works for me!
j.t., I have tried a couple of different Relic Hunting shovels in the past, and liked / didn't-like things about them. One is that their pointed end can push down in softer ground, and then my support isn't a proper length, nor do I have control of using it for balance like I can a cane that doesn't have a pointed tip.

Another is that some of the shovels are too heavy for me to handle easily since I am not supposed to lift more than 8 pounds .... a gallon of milk. Also, some handle designs are not comfortable for me to grip and I need a 'D' shaped handle. In addition I am dealing with some serious nephropathy, especially my left hand, making it difficult to pen my hand to grab anything, and even more difficult to grips something. I drop things, often, if I can feel them to pick them up in the first place.

Balance is difficult for me to try and stand on one foot and stomp down on a shovel / peg. Plus in firmer ground I like the ability of making a plug, like this digger can, to keep it all together to insert back into the hole neatly. It's really a nice tool for working a well manicured lawn.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Time Ranger Pro .. F75+ .. F19 .. Apex .. Racer 2 .. EQ-800 .. FORS Relic .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Monte Jr. bought a new plugging-tool for grassy areas.

Monte 420 May 01, 2021 10:52PM

Re: Monte Jr. bought a new plugging-tool for grassy areas.

jmaryt 259 May 02, 2021 04:30PM

"hey monte! why not do as I do ...."

Monte 267 May 03, 2021 12:32AM

Re: "hey monte! why not do as I do ...."

jmaryt 257 May 03, 2021 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27