Advanced

"hey monte! why not do as I do ...."

May 03, 2021 12:32AM avatar
jmaryt
hey monte! why not do as I do, and use a 31" "Sampson" for the
"up and down!" I just swing along,and support myself with the "sampson"
in my left hand, then make my plug, and eliminate at least "one " up and down!'
works for me!
j.t., I have tried a couple of different Relic Hunting shovels in the past, and liked / didn't-like things about them. One is that their pointed end can push down in softer ground, and then my support isn't a proper length, nor do I have control of using it for balance like I can a cane that doesn't have a pointed tip.

Another is that some of the shovels are too heavy for me to handle easily since I am not supposed to lift more than 8 pounds .... a gallon of milk. Also, some handle designs are not comfortable for me to grip and I need a 'D' shaped handle. In addition I am dealing with some serious nephropathy, especially my left hand, making it difficult to pen my hand to grab anything, and even more difficult to grips something. I drop things, often, if I can feel them to pick them up in the first place.

Balance is difficult for me to try and stand on one foot and stomp down on a shovel / peg. Plus in firmer ground I like the ability of making a plug, like this digger can, to keep it all together to insert back into the hole neatly. It's really a nice tool for working a well manicured lawn.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Monte Jr. bought a new plugging-tool for grassy areas.

Monte 195 May 01, 2021 10:52PM

Re: Monte Jr. bought a new plugging-tool for grassy areas.

jmaryt 125 May 02, 2021 04:30PM

"hey monte! why not do as I do ...."

Monte 129 May 03, 2021 12:32AM

Re: "hey monte! why not do as I do ...."

jmaryt 121 May 03, 2021 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021