Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kickindirt, about the F75+ & small elliptical coil.

March 19, 2022 12:26PM avatar
Kickindirt
Glad to hear your out and about making finds. Congrats on a long road of recovery.

Thanks. Not a lot of finds, and nothing great so far. At least 2 Wheat-Back 1¢ and the opportunity to get out in the beautiful spring sunshine and get moving better to be ready for the June WTHO. thumbs up

Kickindirt
Interested to hear about the f75 and the little concentric coil. This has always been a combo I was always wanting to get around to trying. I had a f75 early on when i first started detecting. It was one with DST. Needless to say i was new to the detecting then and emi killed that machine for me. Have always wanted to try another with dst model with that little concentric football coil.

I have also had three F75 models in years past, but they didn't hang around long or get used much because I had too many other detectors I relied on for where I mainly hunted. Besides, I do not like the 7X11 coils on Fisher, Teknetics, Makro and Nokta models or any other that look similar. To me, they are ugly. Besides I generally plant myself in a location with a lot of trash to deal with, ferrous and/or non-ferrous, so smaller-size coils rule!

My decision was to add a very well known and proven-performance detector to my 'team' that would mainly be used for typical urban Coin Hunting because I have an ample supply of Relic Hunting favorites. And, since I have preferred to keep one coil on each of my detectors almost full-time, and have since '71/'72, I decided to pick one that would serve my needs in sites I like to hunt, and have a 2nd coil for the few times I might opt to change coils instead of grabbing a different detector & coil combo. Also, due to the trend of more detectors coming with a DD type coil, I also wanted to pick a Concentric type coil for my needs and for their advantages over a Double-D design. Small plus Concentric in the Fisher F75 line-up meant the small 3½X6½ (closest measurement both directions) Concentric, and it also has one other 'plus point' I favor, that it is white-colored.

So, why did I choose the F75+? Because it is the most recent model and has the DST function I can turn On or Off. It also has some of the best ergonomics, including the Arm Cup that is taller and wider than most, and that's a plus when the season is cool to cold and I might wear a sweater, jacket or coat. The F75+ s also very well balanced, has an excellent Hand-Grip, and the 4-AA battery holder and ¼" Headphone Jack are located at the rear of the control housing that is under the Arm Cup.

There is one On/Off and Volume Control knob on that under-slung housing. Otherwise, aside from the 3-Position Toggle located in front of the Hand-Grip, which includes an Automated GB option, the F75+ has an ample selection of search 'modes' or 'Processes', and an equally good selection of Tone ID options. All of them are selected and adjusted by using One pushbutton and One variable rotatory knob located on the display face. Quick, easy, and simple 'on-the-fly' adjustments. thumbs up You have a Motion or Static All Metal mode with Sensitivity, Threshold, Audio Tone level, and Manual GB selections. One of my favorite things about the F75+ is that once the GB is established (Automated or Manually) for a particular site location or the ground mineral conditions for a general area, it retains the GB read-out when shut down and it is restored when the device is turned back on.

You can select a 1-Tone that is static, or 1F that is a VCO enhanced audio. Then there is 2F which is like 1F but with a higher 2-Tone audio w/VCO for non-ferrous higher tone and a Full Volume for the Low-Tone Iron Audio. Next is 2H which is the same as 2F but has a Half-Volume audio for the Low-Tone Iron range, then 2L, which again is the same but with a Low Volume for the Iron Tone range. Next is 1n which is like the 2-Tone functions with VCO, but the 'n' simply means No Iron Audio Low-Tone so you just have the 1 High-Tone VCO or the non-ferrous range.

The the popular 3-Tone choices of 3H which has the three different audio tones, but the US 5¢ VDI range produces a High-Tone. The 3 which is the standard 3-Tone audio range, the 4H which adds a 4th medium-high tone, and the 5¢ coin range gets the higher-conductive High-Tone. That's followed by 4 which eliminates the 5¢ range enhancement. Finally there is the dP audio function, and that's Delta Pitch. This will provide a progressive variable Audio Tone Pitch or all accepted targets associated with the VDI read-out.

Not to be left out are the 'Processes' which control the recovery speed or delay as well as depth enhancement based upon the selection. They are FA, which is the fast recovery process for some trashier sites.. dE which is the 'Default' process. JE is a Jewelry function with an emphasis on smaller-size targets. The bc or Bottle Cap process can help with some problem bottle caps in some environments. Then my favorite for general hunting in open and less trashy areas to gain some enhanced depth-of-detection with a slower, methodical sweep speed, and that is Bp or Boost Process. For some other site conditions or intended large-target searches there is PF or Plowed Field and CL for Cache Locating.

Finally, that nifty small elliptical coil the 3½X6½, or 3.5X6.5, whichever style you prefer. All I can say is what I have already said: It's a just-right coil or my wants in a nice white color and of Concentric design. Other than that, it balances well, handles well, works great and achieves some impressive depth-of-detection for it's size. For now and on into the future, this coil stays mounted full-time on the F75+ ... at least until I can decide on a 2nd coil I might want o keep in my Accessory Coil Tote for it. Maybe a round 5" DD or likely a mid-size DD or some sort. ????

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Vista X (and others coming) .. F19 .. F75+ .. Racer .. FORS Relic .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Finally had a chance to get out detecting for 20-25 minutes.

Monte 490 March 16, 2022 10:49PM

Another 20-25 minutes hunt-time with the F75+ w/3X6½ Concentric coil.

Monte 317 March 17, 2022 08:49PM

Re: Another 20-25 minutes hunt-time with the F75+ w/3X6½ Concentric coil.

Kickindirt 229 March 18, 2022 12:54AM

Kickindirt, about the F75+ & small elliptical coil.

Monte 292 March 19, 2022 12:26PM

Fisher 5"x10" concentric an option for you?

GB_Amateur 224 March 31, 2022 11:48AM

I like which ever coil works for me - - -

Monte 124 March 31, 2022 02:13PM

Re: I like which ever coil works for me - - -

GB_Amateur 244 April 01, 2022 08:51AM

GB ... Good thoughts, and my comments.

Monte 109 April 01, 2022 05:20PM

Re: I like which ever coil works for me - - -

OregonGregg 113 April 01, 2022 09:57AM

Re: Kickindirt, about the F75+ & small elliptical coil.

jmaryt 127 March 19, 2022 01:26PM

D&P-OR 337 March 19, 2022 09:41PM

jmaryt 138 March 20, 2022 01:36PM

D&P-OR 123 March 20, 2022 02:38PM

jmaryt 124 March 20, 2022 06:29PM

The Vanquish 540 has some good points .*.*.*. But the F75+ has more.winking smiley N/T

Monte 125 March 20, 2022 11:04AM

IYO anyway! *-*-* Well, I am not alone on that opinion.

D&P-OR 305 March 20, 2022 11:39AM

Re: IYO anyway! *-*-* Well, I am not alone on that opinion.

D&P-OR 155 March 20, 2022 07:57PM

Back to you, Del.

Monte 289 March 20, 2022 11:14PM

Re: Another 20-25 minutes hunt-time with the F75+ w/3X6½ Concentric coil.

D&P-OR 329 March 17, 2022 09:45PM

I just don't sweep the coil close to the metal cane, but plan to get another wooden cane. N/T

Monte 235 March 18, 2022 12:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35