Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Congrats on your urban park success.

February 28, 2016 10:05AM
I am with you, I much prefer sites away from modern trash and full of history. This park has potential, it was a rail road stop in the late 1800s, to early 1900s. You can still see the foundation piers for the water tanks to refill the steam engines. There was a platform built here to load and unload the train, and it was quite the center for shipping and people transport. It became a park in the 1900s as the railroad stop was moved north. The city goes back to the early to mid 1800s. There were a lot of square nails around 3-6 inches in depth. The only thing left are the piers and concrete pad for the railroad. A more modern but dilapidated structure sits on site, it looks 1950-60ish, and is used for storage.

Trouble is the railroad road base is scattered about making the grass area a bit hard with a hand digger, so my new shovel should help with that. The area is a bit run down, so the modern trash abounds. I just need to work through the surface targets to get the deeper (older?) signals. I worked around the structure which seemed to be more target rich, but also more trash. I want to try the more open areas next time and see if I can pull some deeper signals with the larger coils. I may take my Eldorado if I run into the EMI issues again, the T2 is deep and sensitive, but more prone to interfearance.

I jump from spot to spot alot, and like having so many places to go. It allows the grass to heal before returning to the same spots. The parks are great for short hunts or times I do not feel like a drive. I admit I have been on an older coin kick lately too. I love relics but am really challenging myself to locate older coins, and spots to find them. Trying to increase my skill and ear to deeper targets, most my relic sites only run 4-5" in depth for targets. I am trying to find those whisper signals everyone talks about!
Subject Author Views Posted

Short Park Hunt, my first token! Also hit the Old Hospital.

Fish N Chips 645 February 27, 2016 10:52AM

Re: Short Park Hunt, my first token! Also hit the Old Hospital.

OregonGregg 453 February 27, 2016 10:12PM

Congrats on your urban park success.

Monte 490 February 27, 2016 08:02PM

Re: Congrats on your urban park success.

Fish N Chips 491 February 28, 2016 10:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016