Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congrats on a successful foray! thumbs up

August 14, 2017 07:30AM avatar
I do miss living over on that side of Oregon in a more heavily populated metro area where there are a lot of schools and other sites that offer ample sites-of-activity. That's the one thing I miss about moving away several years ago as I used to make a LOT of gold and silver jewelry recoveries compared to living over here in the 'wastelands of the west' where we don't have all that rainy season, heavy traffic, clutter of people .... or an excess number of whacky folks.

I am pleased to see another report about how well the White's MX Sport is performing. The only problems is that you are about the only one having such success. Many stayed away or parted with the MX Sport early on, likely before they worked out a lot of bugs with their early release. I would guess you were doing all your hunting with the 7" Detech DD coil, right? I know that IF there was an MX Sport in my detector group it would have to have that coil mounted ... until they get with the program and make a decent smaller Concentric coil.

Keep up the good efforts afield. I will be headed back to Utah in early September for a few days for our club's annual club member Competition Hunt and Potluck, and that will give me an opportunity to put in some time in a few of those populated areas working both parks and schools in the hope of results like you experienced. It's mid-August already and seems like it just started. Fall weather hints are in the air every few days and nights and that mean the end to our high heat over this way and we can get out detecting more.

It won't be long before some of that Western Oregon wetness arrives and you can have a winter and spring of almost unending rain. So get out more often Brian and put that MX Sport to good use! Best of success to you.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Precious time and precious metal Attachments

zincoln 398 August 13, 2017 09:14PM

Re: Precious time and precious metal

Rdunzl 250 August 17, 2017 06:32PM

OregonGregg 269 August 14, 2017 03:00PM

Congrats on a successful foray! thumbs up

Monte 268 August 14, 2017 07:30AM

Re: Congrats on a successful foray! thumbs up

zincoln 266 August 14, 2017 03:58PM

Sodbuster 243 August 14, 2017 06:31AM

Kickindirt 231 August 13, 2017 11:48PM

NWCindy 253 August 13, 2017 09:16PM

Elbert 246 August 13, 2017 10:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018