Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quick Park Hunt - Back to Basics

October 06, 2017 06:30PM
Got an old park by me that dates to the late 1800s, early 1900s. It is a small spot but is full of iron and nails, both square and round. In some spots the nails make a carpet. There is also a lot of EMI in portions of the park, someone must have a router near by. My Teknetics T2 really struggles in the spot and I have to turn the sensitivity way down, and the discrimination up to work, and try to hear the signals through the falsing.

I decided today to pull out the Tesoro Eldorado (umax box) and just do some old beep and dig searching, my Tesoro does not hear the EMI and works better in the square nails, especially in the dry conditions. I set the Tesoro at 8 sensitivity, discrim just above iron (still getting iron falsing though), and used the 6" coil. Ground balanced in a small clean spot I found and went to searching.

Dug the typical trash, aluminum bottle caps, beaver pull tabs, can slaw. I dug some modern clad and chased a few deep aluminum cans I gave up on. Best finds were a button (nothing special), a small green hotwheel, a harmonica reed, a hand axe blade, a 1955 D wheat cent, and a 1920 buffalo nickle. Not too bad for just a couple hours, the soil was hard and it was 95 degrees so I did not stay long.

It was nice just doing some beep and dig searching. I forgot how well it works, beep, get a two way signal, dig and see what it is. No thumbing the discrimination, playing around with numbers, pinpointing, depth, ect, lol. The site has items like my old homesteads, but also modern trash mixed right in with it.

Subject Author Views Posted

Quick Park Hunt - Back to Basics

Fish N Chips 283 October 06, 2017 06:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018