Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Halloween Treat ...

October 31, 2017 09:27AM avatar
Humor. eye popping smiley

Well, first it might have been a detector but I'm working on all the prizes for all those who have participated this year.

I encourage you join the fun and personal challenge to make a good 'guess' at how many coins you think you might find in 2018. None have to be modern but some certainly will come up at a lot of older sites we like to hunt. Just take a look at your binder for the past four years, add in the number of modern change losses you also found, add that total of oldies and newies up, then divide by 4 and you'll have a good Annual Coin Count Goal to set for 2018.

Maybe plump it up a little just to give yourself a little more incentive, then on January 1st you can start working on a monthly tally to join in with the rest of us.

Oh, as for our silver coin count for the year, don't forget that we still have two full months to go and I'm only trailing by 2 measly silver coins to tie and 3 more to take the lead. And for folks trying to figure this out, it is just a friendly little annual silver shoot-out that Gregg & I are having. It doesn't matter the denomination or the date or the rarity of the coins, just a simple annual tally of the number of US silver coins we find since we hunt a lot of the same local or outing sites.

Now I wonder, how many forum followers would also be interested in best guessing how many silvers they'll find in 2018 and we can do a monthly reporting of Annual Silver Coins recovered? Again, it would not be a 'competition' with anyone else, just each of us guessing what we think we might find, then reporting in whenever we make a new-to-us silver coin recovery. Just another friendly way to inspire ourselves to get out more.

At year's end it would be a random drawing and not based on anyone accomplishing their goal or finding the most or finding a really rare specimen, just a fair drawing from those who enter this personal challenge.

If anyone is interested in doing this, please shoot me a PM or an e-mail with comment or suggestions.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

ATTENTION: Jimbola, Monte, Rich (UT), Remfire, Sodbuster and zincoln. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Monte 342 October 31, 2017 07:49AM

Re: ATTENTION: Jimbola, Monte, Rich (UT), Remfire, Sodbuster and zincoln. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

zincoln 175 November 01, 2017 10:18AM

Re: ATTENTION: Jimbola, Monte, Rich (UT), Remfire, Sodbuster and zincoln. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

OregonGregg 173 October 31, 2017 08:45AM

A Halloween Treat ...

Monte 170 October 31, 2017 09:27AM

Re: A Halloween Treat ...

OregonGregg 185 October 31, 2017 10:32AM

Re: A Halloween Treat ...

Remfire 193 November 01, 2017 08:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018