Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brian, as I work to restore/restructure my detector arsenal,

December 01, 2017 01:49AM avatar
I am naturally holding out hope that my stolen detectors will turn up somewhere around the greater Portland metro area. Garage Sale, Second Hand Store, Pawn Shop, ??? I have found the serial number for my pristine Tesoro Bandido II µMAX, and it was not on the stock rod. I bought a new matte finish gold rod like they currently use last January for it, plus it had the thin, white-colored 6" Concentric coil.

My Nokta Impact was serial number 007 or 0007. The CoRe had the upper and middle rods powder-coated an 'Edge Red' color and the two Relic units had their two rods powder-coated an 'Edge Blue' color. The only ones like those are what I have in my arsenal today. The thieves also stole ALL of my extra search coils, rods wireless headphones, corded headphones, etc. for all of my Nokta detectors with three exceptions: At Mont Jr.'s shop, I had my 2nd Impact w/5X9½ open frame, a Relic w/5½X10 solid Concentric, and CoRe w/7X11 DD. Also, at home in my den, I had a 5½X10 DD on my Gold Plus that had a broken dog-ear on the coil.

Dilek, at Nokta/Makro, is a very busy person and is also quite aware of several (probably many) metal detecting forums (to include this one) and could see that I suffered quite a loss. I held off a few weeks partly hoping my stolen goods would have been found and dealing with family matters, then after one month and no word about any recoveries, I bought an 'as new' Nokta Impact Pro Pack that got me some of the coils. I then nabbed a very, very clean FORS CoRe from one fellow and a nice FORS Relic from another guy.

Dilek and the good folks at Nokta helped me out, even before my replacement Impact arrived, with some search coil needs. I got a box with a 5½X10 DD Gold Plus/Relic replacement coil for my damaged coil; a new FR-24 and FC-24 that Dilek had previously let me know I would get when they were in production; and MOST IMPORTENTLY she replaced my two favorite search coils for the Impact. The 7" Concentric, that is out there somewhere on '007', and the 5" DD, that was in the detector bag on a spare lower rod.

That then satisfied my search coil resupply for the Impact with the two she sent and those in the Pro Pack I purchased, and now I have all of them ... again. Then last week, before Thanksgiving, I stripped down the upper and middle rods of the replacement CoRe and Relic and got them in and powder-coated so both my CoRe's are 'Edge Red' and the two Relic devices are 'Edge Blue.' I don't care to have just a portion of a two-piece metal rod set being one colorful and the other a basic black (like with your MX Sport), I like my detectors to stand out in a crowd and be more colorful.

My CoRe, CoRe, Relic, Relic and MX7 make up the five current 'colorful' members of my Regular-Use Detector Team, leaving only my Impact, Impact devices to remain their factory black color, complemented by a black Vaquero and Mojave and a gold Silver Sabre microMAX to make up the other five detectors in that 'team' dressed in their factory attire.

Oh, I have now added one helpful tool to my detecting arsenal. On my round-trip to White's on Wednesday I bought the Ground Hawg shovel they offer and I think it will take the place of my cane in some of those open areas like 'Lone Tree' and 'Lost' in Oregon, 'Twin Flats' and 'Grants Station' in Utah and similar places. Too many shovels have a shorter handle and can't function as a cane. Unfortunately for me, a 'tool' I need for my everyday metal detecting. White's Ground Hawg is longer than many relic hunting shovels and is actually about ½"-1" longer than my cane, but I figure about an inch of the shovel blade tip might poke into the ground as I maneuver around resulting in a 'just right' overall length.

It will also make digging in a lot of those tough areas a lot easier. Hard dirt, or in the tough root growth of some of the dense short weed matter like in 'Lost' where a hand-digger is very challenged. Of course, to take care of the digging when I am getting around w/cane and can't shovel things up in nicer condition areas, I'll be using my new White's Digmaster hand-tool and relegate my Lesche Digger to my 'loaner group' of detectors and tools.

So, I'm back-in-business and ready to get out detecting. All I need is some of that pleasant wintry weather Tom B. gets down there in the Mesa AZ area during winter. With an overcast high today of 34° and we're already getting close to the forecast low of 26° tonight, I do envy him during this season when it comes to weather.

I really think I am going to be a part-time 'snowbird' and get away to St. George, Utah or into Arizona for a week or two this winter. Hook up my trailer and go have fun ... and stay warmer while doing it, too. Get an early start on my Annual Coin Count. winking smiley

I wish a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season to you and 'thanks' for your concerns about how things are going for me. And 'Thank Yous' and best wishes also to Dilek at Nokta, the three fine folks who parted company with detectors I needed to get back where I was, and to Tom B. and some folks at White's for taking care of some of my other shopping needs for a pre-Christmas gift I gave myself ... early. smiling bouncing smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

NEARING THE END of 2017 -- Request from: Jimbola, Monte, Rich (UT), Remfire, Sodbuster and zincoln.

Monte 291 November 28, 2017 11:37AM

Re: NEARING THE END of 2017 -- Request from: Jimbola, Monte, Rich (UT), Remfire, Sodbuster and zincoln.

zincoln 186 November 29, 2017 02:30PM

Brian, as I work to restore/restructure my detector arsenal,

Monte 249 December 01, 2017 01:49AM

Re: NEARING THE END of 2017 -- Request from: Jimbola, Monte, Rich (UT), Remfire, Sodbuster and zincoln.

Jimbola 214 November 28, 2017 04:47PM

Jim, 'Thank You' for your response, and

Monte 202 November 28, 2017 08:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018