Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congrats on also getting an early January detecting start! smiling bouncing smiley

January 13, 2018 03:25AM avatar
When you posted this yesterday I was just leaving an old activity site that was later turned into a park where Oregon Gregg and I had no snow, no frost or frozen ground, ample sunshine and it was about 53° and mostly sunny. No 'quantity' of coins as we were not Coin Hunting the grassy park or play areas. Instead we were off in the outer fringe section were we have found older cons in the past few years. I snagged a '44s Wheat-Back 1¢ and Gregg also got a '44 1¢ and a '46 Silver Roosevelt 10¢.

It's below freezing now with a wind chill dropping that cold feeling about 5° and our forecast high for the rest of the week are above seasonal, with lows of 27° to 31° and highs of about 40° to 43° ... but it's likely to be wet with rain starting Monday and rain/snow possible next Friday. So, like you, we took advantage of the surprising hint of a spring to come that we enjoyed yesterday.

Glad to hear others can get out detecting, and really glad to see the forecast for the locations of our end-of-April WTHO here in Oregon are not as cold as normal, either. They are going to have a rain or rain and snow mix during this coming week as well and I hope this all means we are due for an early and pleasant spring detecting season to arrive.

I trust you'll get a break from this cold snap over there in Michigan soon as well.

Again, congrats on having an early January opportunity to get out and enjoy.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

A one day long "thaw opportunity"

Sodbuster 232 January 12, 2018 04:15PM

Congrats on also getting an early January detecting start! smiling bouncing smiley

Monte 192 January 13, 2018 03:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018