Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A change-of-pace as per the doctor's orders.

August 27, 2018 03:12PM avatar
It is a change that I trust won't last too long, but due to the recovery and limited opportunities to drive and go far or to climb or struggle much until things mend enough, my preference for Relic Hunting older and remote sites is now on-hold until at least mid-October. Thus, I have to stay closer to home and limit what detecting I can get out and do to urban Coin Hunting.

Fortunately I have an ample supply of detectors to draw from and just have to change up my coil choice's and use a standard-size search coil for better coverage and depth at a location that I know gave up a lot of silver coins to a couple of Minelab FBS user friends several years ago. I know just the model and coil I plan on using, and hope that my slower pace and careful search will help me up my old-coin count. The park history dates back long, long ago, but it is altered, in many parts at least, from when I worked it 1974/'75.

I know where those two characters found all the better stuff, and that was after the park's alteration, but I think I might know a more remote portion of the park that, while not as heavily used, it wasn't altered like the main section of the park. Nice fall-like weather yesterday thru tomorrow will moderate into seasonal highs for late August and early September starting Wednesday the 27th, but the weather guessers have predicted it is going to stay more comfortable and continue a more normal temperature trend.

I hope the rest of you are also enjoying a change from miserable weather like we've had around here that brought us way too many days in the upper 90's to triple-digits. I also trust you have several sites selected to get out with one of your favorite and proven models or a newly acquired offering since we have seen a number of them introduced this year.

I'll be putting in limited time hunts and moving sluggishly for a while, but getting out and having fun will help get me feeling better. I've had to cancel my dear hinting this year and my bird hunting as well, at least until mid-to-late November, if I get the mobility and strength back in my right arm and shoulder. That means when I might have been game hunting I can now dedicate the time to Coin Hunting and then Relic Hunting. Who knows, maybe I can get closer to my Annual Coin Count Tally if I mend quickly enough?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

A change-of-pace as per the doctor's orders.

Monte 107 August 27, 2018 03:12PM

A change-of-pace . . . .

Rich (Utah) 68 August 27, 2018 10:07PM

Re: A change-of-pace as per the doctor's orders.

Timbertodd 60 August 27, 2018 04:15PM

Yep, Easy Does It. N/T

Monte 63 August 27, 2018 05:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018