Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yep, just clunking around with the long-discontinued White's XLT,

October 27, 2018 10:33AM avatar
and using a Blue Max 600 (6½" diameter) Concentric coil instead of one of those modern-day and currently fashionable, over-sized Double-D coils. Just had a short time to spend at the vacant lot working back by the alley when, all of a sudden, maybe 30"-36" from where your back bumper was when you stopped by last Saturday and hear a pleasant-sounding 'BEEP!' I toe-scuffed the loose dirt and at ±2" out comes a 1945-D Mercury Dime.thumbs up

That was maybe 6' from where I found the metal 1954 license plate tag the other day, and not too far away after I got that Merc. I scuffed-up two more Wheat-back Cents and a few chunks of modern coins. I sure wish that site would have been available before the demolished the house and disturbed all the ground and hauled in fill dirt for the hole and spread it around in some of the rest of the site.

It's breezy and cool outside now, and very overcast. Rain is due in tomorrow and likely for several days this coming week so I think I'll end this response and maybe put in another hour or so and see if the lot has anything of interest left to be found. I might use some of my Regular-Carry models, but the XLT & 6½" Concentric have been serving me well there so far I'll probably start out with it, again, and see if there might still be some silver coins or maybe a Buffalo Nickel hiding out somewhere.

We're running out of huntable weather soon, and with a couple more surgeries coming up for me I need to take advantage of any opportunity I can get. What's that? Oh, it's Opportunity knocking so excuse me for a while. smiling smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

The bad news just keeps coming..............

OregonGregg 128 October 27, 2018 06:13AM

Fight Fire with Fire !

Rich (Utah) 58 October 30, 2018 06:28PM

Rich, you might be on the right track ...

Monte 55 October 30, 2018 10:41PM

Re: Fight Fire with Fire !

OregonGregg 47 October 30, 2018 08:01PM

Yep, just clunking around with the long-discontinued White's XLT,

Monte 86 October 27, 2018 10:33AM

Re: Yep, just clunking around with the long-discontinued White's XLT,

OregonGregg 69 October 28, 2018 09:35AM

Re: Yep, just clunking around with the long-discontinued White's XLT,

NWCindy 76 October 27, 2018 03:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018