Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congratulations, Darby. A nice way to help close out the year.

November 22, 2018 02:42AM avatar
First, Happy Birthday! When I look back I can recall many occasions when I decided to spend a birthday out enjoying the greatest outdoor sport there is. I didn't always make a lot of interesting finds, but I sure enjoyed every moment trying to.

Second, a 'Way-to-Go!' pat on the back for having a successful day afield. It only takes one old Coin, one neat Trade Token or one Unique Object to keep from being skunked and you managed to hit all three opportunities!

Third, I always enjoy reading about the detector, search coil and the settings used, so 'Thank You' for that information. At times I forget to mention it myself so a tip-of-the-hat for providing readers that information.

Fourth, and the thing I am most curious about, is the flip-side of that Trade Token? Through the years of hunting 'Rippville' we have seen a lot of tokens found that originated from places/tons in Oregon, Idaho, California and I think one other places but I don't recall. That town never had a railroad make it there, with the closest rail head about a dozen miles away, so it's interesting to see the wide variety of tokens found and wonder how they got there.

Just travelers on the old wagon road, 'real' cowboys, and a lot of activity to get so many pieces ending up lost on that forlorn little town. We've seen some from Vale where I live, from Nyssa where Gregg lives, and towns like Baker City, Juntura, Ontario, New Plymouth, San Francisco, Sumpter, Westfall and many more, plus quite a few 'mavericks' that do not reference the town they were from. Does your token describe the business, the proprietor or town of origin?

And Fifth, we're glad you had a successful day afield at a townsite I enjoy hunting, and Gregg has been hard-hunting since he got into detecting almost 5½ years ago. We never mind sharing a potentially productive site with a good friend ... no matter how old they get. winking smiley

I wish I would have been able to enjoy the day out there with you, Gregg and Rob.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

A little silver Attachments

Goondock 92 November 21, 2018 10:17PM

Re: A little silver

Timbertodd 40 November 22, 2018 12:57PM

Goondock 31 November 27, 2018 12:46PM

NWCindy 44 November 22, 2018 11:11AM

Goondock 27 November 27, 2018 12:46PM

Remfire 45 November 22, 2018 09:23AM

Goondock 27 November 27, 2018 12:45PM

OregonGregg 53 November 22, 2018 04:40AM

Goondock 30 November 27, 2018 12:48PM

Congratulations, Darby. A nice way to help close out the year.

Monte 49 November 22, 2018 02:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018