Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Del, you're welcome. I've been busy since I posted that reply.

December 02, 2018 10:25AM avatar
Up most all night long sorting through all my accessory search coils, extra rods, and taking breaks to do some multi-detector comparisons. Just trying to trim out a few models from my Regular-Use and Specialty-Use Outfits, and part with a duplicate unit or two as well. I've tinkered with all units on my NBPT as well as doing some 'bench tests' while I sat to rest my back, and used a few 'test pieces' to duplicate some in-the-field challenges I have encountered.

There is no such thing as a 'perfect' detector, but I do know I have a selection of very good detectors so I can select the one(s) that can provide me the best results for the sites I search. In your question you referred to the very annoying nail and other iron debris sites we have been hunting on our Welcome-to-Hunt Outings the past four years. Using my Nail Board, an exact duplicate of what I encountered in the Southern Utah ghost town of Frisco 24½ years ago, and a few other ferrous and non-ferrous targets to evaluate ability to deal with target masking.

I've used all of the 14 detectors I currently have, adding the Fisher F44 that arrived yesterday to the 13 units I already have, and the ONLY detectors that fail to pass one of my tougher challenges are the Nokta FORS CoRe and Nokta FORS Relic. Otherwise, they excelled in all other side-by-side comparisons. The one 'test sample' I used where the CoRe and Relic fell short is also the one that wasn't 'found' by an XP Deus and Minelab Equinox 800, E-Trac and CTX-3030, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer 2, and the Teknetics T2 and Fisher F19's also didn't do well o that one challenging sample..

I won't describe it specifically here, but you know the one with the round-shaped 'samples' in the taller white pill bottle caps I had at your place a few months ago.

However, my Fisher F44, Nokta-Makro Anfibio Multi, Teknetics Omega 8000's, Tesoro Bandido II microMAX and Silver Sabre microMAX, White's XLT, modified Classic ID and MX-7 all easily produced a clean repeatable response. Oh, and I can't forget the Compass Coin Hustler and 99B TR's, Garrett American S2 TR, Money Hunter TR-Disc. and Master Hunter TR-Disc. and the good old original Teknetics Mark I which ALL easily hit on that test sample.

Of course, many of the 'passed that test' models fell a bit short to way short when it came to handling the Nail Board or several target-masking challenges that the CoRe and Relic surpassed in. Plus, the CoRe and Relic balance so well, which is very important to me, and they are my two favorite, general-purpose Relic Hunting devices and have proven themselves well over four years.

That's why I had to really think about your question because I know what the Anfibio Multi can do, but I also know that it's nice to have more than one detector in order to have at least a small variety to select the best tool for the task at hand. I haven't limited myself to only once detector since late '71 so I am pretty much in the habit of having a good sampling of units on-hand and not limiting myself to only one detector.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Interesting question for Monte!

D&P-OR 96 December 01, 2018 01:09PM

A simple answer for Del.

Monte 82 December 01, 2018 06:37PM

Re: A simple answer for Del.

D&P-OR 66 December 01, 2018 07:35PM

Del, you're welcome. I've been busy since I posted that reply.

Monte 56 December 02, 2018 10:25AM

Re: Del, you're welcome. I've been busy since I posted that reply.

Kickindirt 54 December 02, 2018 05:52PM

Re: A simple answer for Del.

Remfire 63 December 01, 2018 07:18PM

And here's my response to you, Roger.

Monte 64 December 03, 2018 10:27AM

Re: Interesting question for Monte!

OregonGregg 72 December 01, 2018 04:56PM

Re: Interesting question for Monte!

D&P-OR 57 December 01, 2018 07:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018