December 14, 2018 11:26AM avatar
Glad to see you were able to get out hunting Matt, especially now that you have a few researched places to pick on. When I used to own some T2's it was also the 3-Tone audio I preferred in amongst the dense nails and other ferrous debris. And the only coil I liked on the T2 was the 5" DD.

I have a similar-size 5" DD on one of my Teknetics Omega 8K's and keep a 5" DD on one of my Nokta Relic's for such locations. If debris isn't too dense I can get by with the Omega, and if it is a moderate to annoying amount of trash I will use a Tesoro Bandido II microMAX w/6" Concentric or modified White's Classic ID w/5½" Concentric. When conditions are really terrible with very dense, closely contaminated nails and other iron, the best-of-the-best 'go-to' detectors I use have their smaller coils mounted. Those are my Nokta FORS CoRe w/'OOR' DD and FORS Relic w/5" DD.

As you can see, I am, and have long been, a big fan of smaller-than-standard search coils, especially when dealing with a lot of trash. My other CoRe and Relic each have an open-frame 5X9½ DD mounted, which I consider a 'mid-sized' search coil, and another 'mid-size' coil I like is the 7" Concentric, and I keep one of those mounted on my 2nd Omega 8000, a Fisher F44, and my Nokta-Makro Anfibio Multi.. All my standard size coils are in an Accessory Coil Tote because the smaller, or sometimes medium, size coils are far more capable than many detector users might imagine.

All my detectors are at-the-ready and so am I .... but the weather hasn't joined the game and it looks like it might be two months before many of us can get out detecting thanks to 'winter.' So make all the trips can to you your stage stop and homestead sites and be sure to post your experiences.

And a big 'Thank You' from me for posting the detector and coil used as well as the settings. I always find that information very interesting.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Old Stage Stop Attachments

Fish N Chips 142 December 13, 2018 03:58PM

Re: Old Stage Stop Attachments

NWCindy 98 December 15, 2018 08:30PM

Re: Old Stage Stop

Fish N Chips 63 December 15, 2018 09:57PM

NWCindy 78 December 15, 2018 10:01PM

OregonGregg 77 December 14, 2018 02:26PM

Fish N Chips 84 December 14, 2018 12:51PM

Old Stage Stop ... Making us cabin fever folks jealous.

Monte 90 December 14, 2018 11:26AM

Druid 73 December 13, 2018 06:19PM

Timbertodd 56 December 13, 2018 04:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018