Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

December 29, 2018 08:44PM
Met up with some other local detectorists and they took me to a few of their sites they have been detecting, it was nice to meet some other people with the same interests as me. They were old gold miner sites with quite a bit of occupation, the sites were pretty incredible. The guys I were with found a gold plated ring, and tow pieces of a copper and gold bracelet which were pretty fantastic. No coins for any us but some nice little relics from the sites.

I had fun and enjoyed the chance to learn my Anfibio more. I am really starting to like the detector and am adjusting to its language. Its capabilities are much better than my own.

I used 3 tone for the separation speed, 89 gain, 20 kHz frequency, 3 discrimination. 3 discrimination seems to knock out most the nails really well. TID scale seems much more broad than my T2, likely due to the compressed iron range of the machine. I used the 7" coil in the lesser trash filled sites, and switched to the 5" DD in the heavy nails. Both coils were great, the concentric having an edge in discrimination, the DD really pulling the targets out of the heaviest iron. The other guys hunted away from the sites a bit more due to the size of their coils.

First site was likely an old school based on all the pencil remains. I found some Peters rim fire shells, a pocket watch bezel, buttons, and lots of fired brass and shotgun head-stamps. Also part of an old toy gun, that got the heart pumping when I saw the cylinder in the dirt!

Second site was a cellar hole and full of old tools, bricks and implements still laying all over the ground! The nails were insane at this site, but the 5" coil was great. I picked up more flat tin with the DD coil than the concentric, but it could really pull out those signals from the iron. I was very impressed with the small coil. I did find a broken piece of pewter bell which was nice. I found a few butcher knives, some brass tid bits, and a clock gear.

I dug a lot of iffy signals as I am still learning my new machine and what it is telling me in TID scale and tone, but am very happy with it so far. I sure liked being able to collapse the shaft for travel! That 5" coil was pretty amazing in the heavy iron!

Subject Author Views Posted

Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

Fish N Chips 252 December 29, 2018 08:44PM

Re: Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

NWCindy 148 December 30, 2018 05:55PM

Re: Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

Timbertodd 119 December 30, 2018 10:30AM

The Anfibio Multi IS an impressive model for serious Relic Hunting ...

Monte 151 December 29, 2018 11:05PM

Re: The Anfibio Multi IS an impressive model for serious Relic Hunting ...

Pasttom 146 January 19, 2019 11:46AM

Hows the new detector on the block?

UtahRich 120 January 21, 2019 10:01AM

Pasttom, a reply and some updates I'll add to that post later.

Monte 149 January 19, 2019 06:50PM

Hi Pasttom!

Fish N Chips 109 January 19, 2019 09:05PM

"Hitting the homesteads again." So, when does the weather break for you?

Monte 78 January 29, 2019 08:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018