Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Anfibio Multi IS an impressive model for serious Relic Hunting ...

December 29, 2018 11:05PM avatar
and Coin Hunting ... and just about anything that might come your way.

In more open locations with targets pretty much spread out, my preferred search mode is 2-Tone, but when the amount of trash is really tough to deal with, especially due to an abundance of nails and other ferrous debris, I favor the 3-Tone mode. I like the Anfibio Multi because it has a very Functional set of adjustment features and that helps to keep things Simple. And I enjoy the Performance in all the modes I like for different applications, to include the Deep mode. I usually have the 2-Tone and Deep modes set with a Sensitivity of '95' and I adjust it as needed .... but seldom do I need to. In 3-Tone my saved start-up is a Sensitivity of '99' and, again, I very seldom need to change it.

I like to hear the presence of iron Nails, and most troublesome iron junk so I can slowly and methodically work around it to unmask potential keepers. My Discrimination is saved at '03' which is low enough to just barely accept most nails, and if they annoy me too much a Disc. setting of '05' is all it takes to reject most of them. I keep the Anfibio's Iron Audio Volume at a saved '01' or '02' so the accepted iron doesn't drive me nuts, and my Tone Break is at the Ferrous / Non-Ferrous break point of '15.'

In my opinion, the three best ever search coils for the Anfibio Multi are the 7" Concentric, which I keep mounted full-time for day-to-day use, and the 5" DD which is a killer in dense iron debris filled sites. For more open areas with sparse targets and where a little added depth-of-detection can be achieved, the standard 11" DD coil they introduced is terrific.

Also terrific is being able to meet up with new adventurists who invite you to their sites.thumbs up I enjoyed the photos that show the type of location which, not surprisingly, look very similar to places I like to go. A nice array of recovered targets, too, which are typical of those long forgotten sites.

Keep learning and enjoying your Anfibio Multi. It is certainly a keeper in my Detector Outfit, making a great complement with my other favorite detector mo0dels. Now I am looking forward to the arrival of an early spring to get back into similar old-use locations.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(1), Nokta-Makro:(3), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1), XP:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

Fish N Chips 252 December 29, 2018 08:44PM

Re: Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

NWCindy 147 December 30, 2018 05:55PM

Re: Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

Timbertodd 119 December 30, 2018 10:30AM

The Anfibio Multi IS an impressive model for serious Relic Hunting ...

Monte 150 December 29, 2018 11:05PM

Re: The Anfibio Multi IS an impressive model for serious Relic Hunting ...

Pasttom 146 January 19, 2019 11:46AM

Hows the new detector on the block?

UtahRich 120 January 21, 2019 10:01AM

Pasttom, a reply and some updates I'll add to that post later.

Monte 149 January 19, 2019 06:50PM

Hi Pasttom!

Fish N Chips 109 January 19, 2019 09:05PM

"Hitting the homesteads again." So, when does the weather break for you?

Monte 78 January 29, 2019 08:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018