Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pasttom, a reply and some updates I'll add to that post later.

January 19, 2019 06:50PM avatar
First, I made that post on December 29th and by then the winter had set in enough to eliminate access to the three nasty iron contaminated ghost towns we like to visit here in Eastern Oregon. I live in Vale, Oregon, just about 20 miles west of the Oregon/Idaho border. We do have some lower elevation ghost towns and my niece lives in a neighboring Idaho ton that has some outbuildings where I encounter a lot of nails.

Most of that hunting had been done with the excellent 7" Concentric coil on the Anfibio Multi. I also bought that 7" Con. coil when I first had the Anfibio 19, but that arrived the day I came home from neck/spine surgery and I had to stay closer to home to find places to hunt.

Also, I mentioned the Anfibio Multi is saved to start-up in 3-Tone which I use the most and that is true. I use 3-Tone for 95+% of my urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting, and when I am working in a variety of trash. When a site is mainly littered with iron nails, in a sparse amount or even a dense, challenging environment, I prefer to hunt in 2-Tone. But mix in a variety of other trash and most of the time I favor the 3-Tone mode. That applies to the Anfibio Multi or my very reliable Relic Hunting devices, the FORS CoRe and FORS Relic.

Also, at the time I made that post last month I didn't have the 5" DD coil yet, but I ordered it from metaldetector.com last weekend and it arrived Thursday. As anticipated it enhances the Anfibio's performance in difficult iron challenged settings to be on par with the performance I had with the Impact and Multi-Kruzer when using a 5" DD coil.

Personally, I think a lot of folks get too caught up in all the 'simultaneous' Multi-Frequency thing as I have seen several that do not work all that well when trying to simul-connect the performance with multiple frequencies and can often perform much better with just one single frequency.

We have held two of the ten Welcome-to-Hunt Outings here out of Vale and worked those three gold mining era ghost town sites. Square Nails outnumber Round Nails in two of the three that had earlier and shorter lives, and all of them are some of the most challenging places to encounter small shards or decaying rusty tin. If you ever want to get away from that California crowd and take a detecting vacation up this way, let me know. I, and Oregon Gregg and maybe a couple of others would be glad to take you into some new-to-use sites.

One of them, which we named 'Lone Tree' has surrendered my 1853 Large Cent and an 185? Large Cent for Gregg, and the oldest coin found there so far is an 1836 Capped Bust Dime. Come and visit and try out whatever you think is a nifty Relic Hunting device for terrible iron challenges. smiling smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic,
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

Fish N Chips 273 December 29, 2018 08:44PM

Re: Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

NWCindy 165 December 30, 2018 05:55PM

Re: Relic Hunt with my new Anfibio

Timbertodd 134 December 30, 2018 10:30AM

The Anfibio Multi IS an impressive model for serious Relic Hunting ...

Monte 166 December 29, 2018 11:05PM

Re: The Anfibio Multi IS an impressive model for serious Relic Hunting ...

Pasttom 165 January 19, 2019 11:46AM

Hows the new detector on the block?

UtahRich 137 January 21, 2019 10:01AM

Pasttom, a reply and some updates I'll add to that post later.

Monte 170 January 19, 2019 06:50PM

Hi Pasttom!

Fish N Chips 123 January 19, 2019 09:05PM

"Hitting the homesteads again." So, when does the weather break for you?

Monte 89 January 29, 2019 08:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018