Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another fun find, Jadon.

January 07, 2019 07:13AM avatar
Glad to hear you were able to get some detecting time in. It's too cold and ground's too frozen on this side of the state.

I always enjoy finding old watch parts, always hoping to find a complete pocket watch, but it doesn't seem to happen often.sad smiley I find fronts and backs quite often since I mainly hunt a lot of ghost towns, homesteads, old logging or mining camps and town sites, and all sots of places watches ... or parts ... end up lost of discarded. I usually find anywhere from six to a dozen, and sometimes more, front or back parts each year, but only find one complete pocket watch maybe every five years or so. The last complete watch I found last year in 'Rippville' west of here so I guess it's going to be a few more years before I get lucky again.

A 'Thank You' for including info on the detector, coil and settings used. I always appreciate hearing what folks are using.

I hope you can get out again soon. We're hoping for an early spring thaw to make an appearance over this way. I think I'll take a few days and head over to the Portland metro area in an upcoming weekend, to get some detecting in where the ground is in recoverable condition.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A thrilling find from the homestead Attachments

Jadon_PDX 202 January 06, 2019 06:48PM

Re: A thrilling find from the homestead

OregonGregg 110 January 07, 2019 07:25AM

Another fun find, Jadon.

Monte 121 January 07, 2019 07:13AM

Hey Jadon, Do you know the Time?

Rich (Utah) 80 January 06, 2019 11:54PM

Re: A thrilling find from the homestead

Timbertodd 111 January 06, 2019 08:23PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 39
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018