Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recommendations for hitting the homestead

April 30, 2019 07:57PM avatar
i have been detecting the Family homestead pretty hard for the last year and a half and I have had many incredible finds from it. However, I feel as though it's generosity is coming to an end. This year I did manage to dig a pocket watch, 2 wheaties, and 3 indians from it, and a 1940's jefferson nickel (Huge let down, was hoping it would be a shield or at least a V or buffalo). Finding a "high tone" is increasingly difficult, as initially that was all I have searched for. I was using the largest coil for the racer initially, but I have switched back to using the small 5', and going incredibly slow. I was able to get a couple of coins this weekend, but the older finds still elude me. I am running the Makro Racer in 3 tone, with discrimination at 10. I dig every repeatable signal besides the ones in the 20s. The fields are overgrown, but they should plow this fall and churn up all of that dirt again which makes me very excited to try the fields some more. I was wondering if anybody had any other sites similar and if they did anything to help discover those missing hidden gems. I know the property was detected well before my years by a few group members as well (you lucky guys) but I am afraid my favorite spot is being tapped out. Just wondering if anybody had different setting suggestions, coil suggestions, or search styles.
Subject Author Views Posted

Recommendations for hitting the homestead

Jadon_PDX 182 April 30, 2019 07:57PM

Re: Recommendations for hitting the homestead

zincoln 118 May 01, 2019 09:55AM

Re: Recommendations for hitting the homestead

Kickindirt 135 April 30, 2019 09:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018